Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoking and Base Housing

1. Wah Its called life idiot
    Wah Its called life idiot

Smoking and Base Housing

Advertisements
    I read in the Navy Times a blip about whether or not base housing should be segregated by smokers vs. non smokers.

Discuss/Debate it away ladies
    Pros / Cons
    Thoughts
    Would you move into housing that did this?
    Would you prefer it over the way it is now?
    Would you move out in town to "stick it to the man" fi they did this?

etc

2. Senior Member
    I think it'd be kind of stupid to separate people JMO. If we are friends and you don't smoke, I just simply won't smoke around you or in your home. I don't know, I feel really strongly about the whole smoker vs non-smoker debate thing. I do smoke and respect people that don't. But it annoys me when people treat me like Im doing something illegal.

I don't know if I would move out off base if they did that but I wouldn't really understand what the big deal is.
  3. Navy Wife
    Navy Wife
    Blog Entries
    I think you should smoke outside no matter where you live. It's disgusting and disrespectful. IMO
    Do not take life too seriously, you will never get out of it alive
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Until Smoking is made illegal I think it is ridiculous to seperated, to be forced to live in 1 spot etc when you are paying JUST as much money as the next person. Its your home. Like it or not smoking will always be around.

I dont like my kids around it. Period. But you know if I am outdoors I just move away. If someone is smoking in their home or outside their own home thats their perogative. No one owns the air kwim?

If they do this then maybe housing should be split up by people who party and drink and those who dont. I am MUCH more bothered by people drinkin and being loud outside then someone going outside to smoke. It wakes my kids up and in turn that wakes me up and pisses me off.

So why stop there! Lets make smoking housing and put smokers there. Make drinking and partying housing and put those people there. Make nonvax and vax housing and seperate them there. Oh and we cant forget we need to seperate home schoolers and public schoolers as well. Oh and those who have older beater cars that emit more smog and those with newer cars

Its just stupid and ridiculous to me.
  5. Senior Member
    IMO smoking should NOT be allowed inside base housing period (if it is now, it's been awhile for us) and we both smoke. We do NOT smoke in our houses or cars or near our children. If we are around people that don't smoke, we won't smoke near them.
  6. I'm Only A Little Crazy
    I'm Only A Little Crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaymara View Post
    Until Smoking is made illegal I think it is ridiculous to seperated, to be forced to live in 1 spot etc when you are paying JUST as much money as the next person. Its your home. Like it or not smoking will always be around.

I dont like my kids around it. Period. But you know if I am outdoors I just move away. If someone is smoking in their home or outside their own home thats their perogative. No one owns the air kwim?

If they do this then maybe housing should be split up by people who party and drink and those who dont. I am MUCH more bothered by people drinkin and being loud outside then someone going outside to smoke. It wakes my kids up and in turn that wakes me up and pisses me off.

So why stop there! Lets make smoking housing and put smokers there. Make drinking and partying housing and put those people there. Make nonvax and vax housing and seperate them there. Oh and we cant forget we need to seperate home schoolers and public schoolers as well. Oh and those who have older beater cars that emit more smog and those with newer cars

Its just stupid and ridiculous to me.
  7. Senior Member
    I don't think they should be allowed to smoke inside the houses anyway...the smoke stays even after you leave and what happens when the next family moves in and you've been smoking in the house for the last 3 years you've been there and their asthmatic (sp) child has such a horrible attack that they end up in the hospital who's responsible for that?
  8. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by USCGBoxerMom View Post
    IMO smoking should NOT be allowed inside base housing period (if it is now, it's been awhile for us) and we both smoke. We do NOT smoke in our houses or cars or near our children. If we are around people that don't smoke, we won't smoke near them.

It's been almost 2 years since we've lived in housing, so I don't remember what the blip was about it.
  9. Living in paradise :D
    Living in paradise :D
    I would love it. I'm very sensitive to cigarrette smoke, and it gives me REALLY bad headaches.

We lived in brand new base housing townhouse that was pretty good at muffling noises-I never heard the neighbors yelling at their kids or anything. Only the bass on their surround sound when they watched a movie, and only cuz it was against the common wall we shared. Other than that, I heard nothing.

We got some neighbors in that place that smoked after we'd been there a while. It was fine during warmer weather when he'd smoke in the garage cuz it didn't come our way. But the winter months were too cold to smoke out there. So when he smoked indoors, it would come through our common/shared wall and make my living room and kitchen STINK! Not only stink of cigarrette smoke, but give me horrible headaches. And it REALLY pissed me off when I became pregnant because then my developing baby were being exposed to that. I didn't feel like I was living in a smoke free home that was safe for my baby. I was so upset, I started looking up laws/regulations for smoking in apartments and townhouses. I was ready to go to housing about it because I felt it was impacting the well being of myself (an asthmatic prone to cigarrette induced headaches) and that of my developing fetus because the smoke would come through the wall into MY home. Then they moved out, so problem solved. But it still pissed me off that other people's choices could impact my health and that of my baby. Even though he was doing it in the privacy of his home, it was a home that shared walls with someone else's home and his choice to smoke was impacting me in MY home.
  10. Wah Its called life idiot
    Wah Its called life idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post

It's been almost 2 years since we've lived in housing, so I don't remember what the blip was about it.
    It's called get your ass to a store and buy a navy times you really need to be schooled some days.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast