Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do Women Get Away with Statutory Rape too easily?

1. Senior Member

Do Women Get Away with Statutory Rape too easily?

Advertisements
    Okay, so tonight I'm watching Dateline and they are talking about how women get away with seducing underage males (especially female teachers) far more often than men get away with having sex with underage girls. Seriously, far more men than women are listed as sex offenders and not many women offenders get more than a slap on the wrist.

Do you think that women should get the same punishment and have to register as sex offenders if they have sex with underage males?
  2. Loving a man with soft hands and warm eyes
    Loving a man with soft hands and warm eyes
    If they do it, and it gets reported, they are punished. The law doesn't specify gender of the offender. I have investigated cases of sex abuse by females and there are lots of consequences that are doled out to men and women who commit these crimes. (We had one case where the woman was to have no contact with minors ever again... she kept having babies and we kept having to remove them...)
    The sheer number of men who commit these crimes (and get reported for it) is much higher than the number of women...
    Missing my

3. Senior Member
    Yes but at the same time families do seem to be more cautious with their daughter than their sons almost a double stander in some cases.... I watched the dateline thing too... it's sad but I do belive that the rules should be the same regardless of the sex of the offender!
  4. Senior Member
    Reminds me of an episode from Law and Order: SVU...
    I think they should both be charged equaly, but man think that it's not possible for a woman to rape a man.

5. martiemullet
    it's the double standard... teenage girls are seen as easily seduced and taken advantage of, and teenage boys are seen as eager sex-crazed maniacs... and the men who have sex with teen girls are seen as perverts, while the women are seen as "milfs" or "cougars" or whatever...

i think they should all be punished equally, although in the eyes of society, the crimes will probably never be viewed as equal.
  6. Loving a man with soft hands and warm eyes
    Loving a man with soft hands and warm eyes
    Quote Originally Posted by martiemullet View Post
    it's the double standard... teenage girls are seen as easily seduced and taken advantage of, and teenage boys are seen as eager sex-crazed maniacs... and the men who have sex with teen girls are seen as perverts, while the women are seen as "milfs" or "cougars" or whatever...

i think they should all be punished equally, although in the eyes of society, the crimes will probably never be viewed as equal.
    The crimes ARE the same... the problem is that the victims aren't always reporting... when they do then the definitions of the crimes aren't any different.
    Missing my

7. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

I think they get off way too easily. It's the same damn crime yet the woman don't get looked at the same as men do and they should.
  8. Senior Member
    of course. there should be no bias in punishment regardless of gender in a sexual deviance case like that. who's the one's handling that?? that's not right.

My Sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by LoveKiss View Post
    Would you please not tempt the deployment gods?! They are vindictive and cruel.
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Its also because I know of very few teenage boys who would complain about having sex with older women. The women usually get caught because the boy is bragging about it to his friends.
    But yes, there should be the same punishment for both genders. And yes, I think it can be as potentially damaging to a boy as to a girl, almost.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  10. ahimsa
    ahimsa
    I think it may also be that far fewer women actually do that than men. It stands to reason that women aren't as controlled by their hormones as men are.
    It's Halloween so.... you know, BOO!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast