Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Rev. Jeramiah Wright Jr - a shame to everyone who's remotely religious

1. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter

Rev. Jeramiah Wright Jr - a shame to everyone who's remotely religious

Advertisements
    The story - if you haven't heard it, already.... http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/03...-in-hot-water/

You know what really ticks me off about what he said - Not that it was about the Clintons - not that it was political, at all, in fact.

But that it is the exact OPPOSITE of what any religious leader should even whisper from a pulpit!
    A minister - REGARDLESS OF RACE, RELIGION, OR OTHER CREED should be the behaved and respected PILLAR of the community - not the very person that spouts the same crap you hear on the street.

I'm offended on behalf of all ministers about this. This man is a disgrace to everyone he stands for regardless of how many of them laughed at his jokes and whooted on his horrible behavior.

Shame on them and shame on him - God, I'm quite sure, is appauled.
  2. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

If he was publicly endorsing Obama from the pulpit, he is breaking the law and his church needs to lose their tax exempt status. Also, It drives me crazy when ANYONE feels the need to trash on one person when endorsing another. Not only is it just a DIRTY way to go about it, it hurts the person they are endorsing in the process.
  3. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    I don't know, though - while a church itself is tax-exempt - all the people who work for the church are heavily taxed because they're considered self-employed (ministers, bishops, etc) or are employees.
    My father has always had to pay at least $1,000 every year at tax-time - but, after all of us left the house, it jumped to over $2,000.
    *Shrug* So I'm on the fence about the tax thing - Uncle Sam has his loop holes.
    But, at the same time, so do churches - voicing your opinion is a right and is protected - what crosses the line with him is that he did it during a sermon.