Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Be a stripper or join the military

1. Wah Its called life idiot
    Wah Its called life idiot
    Advertisements
    Why can't I do both. Serve my country, stay in shape, and earn extra money on the side

Seriously though I would join the military. BTDT in the other direction. If Anya were to become one then hell no she better join the military if she values her life.

2. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy_Gurl View Post
    Why can't I do both. Serve my country, stay in shape, and earn extra money on the side

Seriously though I would join the military. BTDT in the other direction. If Anya were to become one then hell no she better join the military if she values her life.
  3. His First Mate
    His First Mate
    Quote Originally Posted by martiemullet View Post
    i have plenty of self respect, that has nothing to do with my decision to dance... it was fun, good money, and perfectly legal. it actually helped boost my confidence and helped with some self-esteem issues that i had. i really hate it when people assume that dancers have no dignity or self respect, that we're all drugged out hookers down on our luck who don't have enough wits to do anything else with our lives... the money i make dancing will go a long way towards my college textbooks, those aren't cheap.

two of the biggest moneymaking dancers at the last club i was working at were 40+... under the blacklights, all the wrinkles and stretch marks disappear! it's about 70% attitude and 30% looks, seriously.

that said, i prefer dancing. i'm too emotionally fragile/unstable to handle boot camp and what happens in war... i wouldn't make it.
    as for my children, what they choose to do for their jobs/career path is up to them... whatever makes them happy and suits their talents and gifts will make me happy.
    I agree 100% with what you said...I have been dancing for 11 years now and I hate that we always get stereotyped..there are still some classy ladies that do this job. And we go home to our husbands and never think twice about it. For me personally...I don't like being called a STRIPPER I prefer the term Exotic Entertainer. And that's because I think those terms are completely different. In my experience, a stripper would be one of those women that go home with the customers, do (extra special) things for money, and act like plain old trailer trash. And present themselves in that way as well. I have never done anything of the sort and I would never even think about it. Because I do have ALOT of self respect and morals that I like to hold myself up to. Now this in no way is trying to start a debate with any of you..I'm glad that most of you don't mind the profession that we chose. I am just making my valid point known. And you would never know I do it if you just saw me walking down the street because I just don't put out that vibe. And anybody you ask will say I am the sweetest person in the world and they wouldn't even guess that's what my night lifestyle is. I chose this profession because it has ALOT of pros. I even met my husband in a club where I was working. He was a customer! So in general I guess I just needed to make that known. Anyways,
    In Loving Memory of our furbaby Damian. In our hearts forever.
    "You are my rock, without you I am nothing."~DH
  4. Senior Member
    I'd hate every second of the military but there is no way I could be a stripper...I'm a little too chubby and way to self conscious and shy. Plus, more options for a longer career in the military.

5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    if i had the body and dh would let me i would SO strip. i'd enjoy the hell out of that.
    i would have liked to join the military but my body is just not tough enough for that.
    my daughter can do what she wants. i would hope i would have raised her to have self-respect, no matter WHAT she decides to do.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I would choose stripping EASILY.

there is no way i could be in the military. the thought of guns... what i would be trained to do with weapons... i would be more of a hazard mentally than i would be helpful in any situation.

whereas stripping, so i dance for a few hours mostly nude (there are places that dont do completely nude!!!) and get a bunch of cash for it. how is that bad? no drugs, no sex, no touching! just some dancin and some moolah its all good for me

i would never be a prostitute. except for my husband.. but that is a completely different subject...
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    if i had the body and the self esteem i would totally strip, i would never join the military lol i do not take orders well. as far as my daughters go i would support whatever decision they made no matter what. personally i think your body is something you should never be ashamed of and if they have the self esteem to do it and it is what they want then go for it. nothing shameful about wanting to be sexy. heck i wish i had the nerve to do it lol i heard it is a great way to get and stay in shape.
    I feel the need to be petted too!
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    i could do either... whatever... lmao i am weird.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by His lil' lovecup View Post
    I agree 100% with what you said...I have been dancing for 11 years now and I hate that we always get stereotyped..there are still some classy ladies that do this job. And we go home to our husbands and never think twice about it. For me personally...I don't like being called a STRIPPER I prefer the term Exotic Entertainer. And that's because I think those terms are completely different. In my experience, a stripper would be one of those women that go home with the customers, do (extra special) things for money, and act like plain old trailer trash. And present themselves in that way as well. I have never done anything of the sort and I would never even think about it. Because I do have ALOT of self respect and morals that I like to hold myself up to. Now this in no way is trying to start a debate with any of you..I'm glad that most of you don't mind the profession that we chose. I am just making my valid point known. And you would never know I do it if you just saw me walking down the street because I just don't put out that vibe. And anybody you ask will say I am the sweetest person in the world and they wouldn't even guess that's what my night lifestyle is. I chose this profession because it has ALOT of pros. I even met my husband in a club where I was working. He was a customer! So in general I guess I just needed to make that known. Anyways,

I love ur reply. I totally respect ur decisions and I dont look down on dancers. I actually was thinking of doing it, because I'm in the situation where I have no job and I'm going to school. I need some cash! I am just kinda nervous about starting it all. I think I have enough junk in the trunk lol I dont think I could handle the military. As far as my daughter goes, I would encourage her to persue her education, if she choose to strip to get by while attending college, then I would support her. I'd support any decision she'd make, and hope they are the best ones for her.
  10. Senior Member
    Military all the way. I would go for stripping, except that would be alot of pressure to keep my body bangin and I would only be able to do it for so many years before my age/the trials and tribulations of life start to show . I know that with the military not only would I be getting paid but alot of other benefits go along with it too. I wouldn't force my daughter to be a stripper or join the military. Whatever she chooses I would have to accept and i'd be proud of her regardless for making money and handling responsibilities.
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast