Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Be a stripper or join the military

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Advertisements
    I wouldn't do either, because I could not do either. I could not be a stripper because just mentally I could not do that. I could not join the military because I would not be able to make it through basic.
    I guess I would live on the street... or work at McDonald's
    Katie- Mommy to Kylee 10-30-05 (loving big sister, Ms. independent, intelligent, princess) and Auriana 09-17-08 (miracle baby with down syndrome, heart defects, hearing impairment, digestive problems, tube fed since birth, but determined to succeed, strong, loving, happy)

Ask me about Congenital Heart Defects... 1 in 100, it could be your child...

Ask me about Down Syndrome... more common than you think...

Wife to a Disabled Army Veteran... been there, done that, moving on
  2. Senior Member
    Id join the military. I dont look down on strippers but I dont think I could respect myself if I did it.
  3. Senior Member
    Stripper. Never, ever a prostitute. I could never handle the military. I don't have the personality for it. I'm not good at following rules, haha.
  4. martiemullet
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post

I should HOPE my daughter would have more self-respect than to strip....
    i have plenty of self respect, that has nothing to do with my decision to dance... it was fun, good money, and perfectly legal. it actually helped boost my confidence and helped with some self-esteem issues that i had. i really hate it when people assume that dancers have no dignity or self respect, that we're all drugged out hookers down on our luck who don't have enough wits to do anything else with our lives... the money i make dancing will go a long way towards my college textbooks, those aren't cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by SIMMYBABEZ View Post
    Lol.

I have nothing against stripping, I just dont have the body.

I'd join the military, in a long term prospect- it has much more to offer.

Plus - you pretty much expire around 28 for stripping anyway. They want to see young girls, with no wrinkles and perfect boobs- you can only be employed as long as you are still hot.
    two of the biggest moneymaking dancers at the last club i was working at were 40+... under the blacklights, all the wrinkles and stretch marks disappear! it's about 70% attitude and 30% looks, seriously.

that said, i prefer dancing. i'm too emotionally fragile/unstable to handle boot camp and what happens in war... i wouldn't make it.
    as for my children, what they choose to do for their jobs/career path is up to them... whatever makes them happy and suits their talents and gifts will make me happy.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by martiemullet View Post
    i have plenty of self respect, that has nothing to do with my decision to dance... it was fun, good money, and perfectly legal. it actually helped boost my confidence and helped with some self-esteem issues that i had. i really hate it when people assume that dancers have no dignity or self respect, that we're all drugged out hookers down on our luck who don't have enough wits to do anything else with our lives... the money i make dancing will go a long way towards my college textbooks, those aren't cheap.
    I have never been a dancer but I kind of admire those that are. I mean in a way it's empowering. I imagine it is a boost for women in many ways. I definitely don't think there's any lack of self-respect in it.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I wish I had the confidence and body to be a stripper. lol I'd chose the military at this point though.
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  7. Loving My Navy Veteran
    Loving My Navy Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Erika View Post
    A stripper, I'd hate it, but I'd hate the military more. At least I'd get to see my kids every day. No to the prostitute though.
    I agree with all of this.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    stripper but not a prostitute....
    "I believe that everything happens for a reason.People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so that eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together"-Marilyn Monroe
  9. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Ooooh, I don't know! Somehow I doubt I would be able to make much money as a stripper at my weight, and I also don't think the military would take me with all the junk in my trunk.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Most strippers are not prostitutes.

I could go either way, I've done the military gig, I would love to learn how to strip but I have 2 left feet.

My daughter can do whatever she wants.
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast