Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 88

Thread: Be a stripper or join the military

  1. Senior Member
    *Meg*'s Avatar
    *Meg* is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,987
    #11
    Advertisements
    Stripper! But no to the prostitute part, I couldn't do that.
  2. Account Closed
    flangl18's Avatar
    flangl18 is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NAS Lemoore
    Posts
    4,013
    Blog Entries
    2
    #12
    I would join the military. I served 4 yrs AD/6 reserves and it was a great tool for growing up, not to mention security, good benefits and hard work. If my daughter wants to join, I am all for it. If she wanted to be a stripper, I would disown her. Sorry, but that is not the life I would want for my daughter and there is no way in heck she should be viewed like that by other people. That is my opinion.....
  3. Happy wife...happy life!
    Victoria's Avatar
    Victoria is offline
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    38,347
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by flangl18 View Post
    I would join the military. I served 4 yrs AD/6 reserves and it was a great tool for growing up, not to mention security, good benefits and hard work. If my daughter wants to join, I am all for it. If she wanted to be a stripper, I would disown her. Sorry, but that is not the life I would want for my daughter and there is no way in heck she should be viewed like that by other people. That is my opinion.....


    I should HOPE my daughter would have more self-respect than to strip....
  4. and still I think of you
    Daysgoby's Avatar
    Daysgoby is offline
    and still I think of you
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Vicenza, Italy
    Posts
    10,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by flangl18 View Post
    I would join the military. I served 4 yrs AD/6 reserves and it was a great tool for growing up, not to mention security, good benefits and hard work. If my daughter wants to join, I am all for it. If she wanted to be a stripper, I would disown her. Sorry, but that is not the life I would want for my daughter and there is no way in heck she should be viewed like that by other people. That is my opinion.....
    I think it is really ashame that you would disown your child over something like that. I dont care what my kids do, I would never even threaten to disown them.
  5. and still I think of you
    Daysgoby's Avatar
    Daysgoby is offline
    and still I think of you
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Vicenza, Italy
    Posts
    10,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post


    I should HOPE my daughter would have more self-respect than to strip....
    Sometimes its not about self respect. In my situation, the base we were at there are no other jobs unless you want to work at mcdonalds. and working there would have only payed for my kids to go to daycare, something i did not want either, so this was a better alternatitive.

    i have a lot of self respect for myself. matter of fact, most people who know me, would never know that I danced until I told them. You can have "stripper morals"
  6. Account Closed
    flangl18's Avatar
    flangl18 is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NAS Lemoore
    Posts
    4,013
    Blog Entries
    2
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by ~*~Sarah*J~*~ View Post
    I think it is really ashame that you would disown your child over something like that. I dont care what my kids do, I would never even threaten to disown them.
    I should put it in a different way, you're right. I would Not support them however in doing something like this.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    jeepgirl's Avatar
    jeepgirl is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Veteren
    Posts
    763
    #17
    stripper, no prostitution, all though a well paid call girl, like the one the govenor called, uh, a few thousand dollars an hour...
    i do not like the military, i want to be with the ones i love
  8. Happy wife...happy life!
    Victoria's Avatar
    Victoria is offline
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    38,347
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by ~*~Sarah*J~*~ View Post
    I think it is really ashame that you would disown your child over something like that. I dont care what my kids do, I would never even threaten to disown them.

    I REALLY don't understand why my daughter would have the desire to dance NAKED in front of people. If she LOVES to dance that much, then I'm all for her being a dancer with clothes ON!
  9. and still I think of you
    Daysgoby's Avatar
    Daysgoby is offline
    and still I think of you
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Vicenza, Italy
    Posts
    10,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post

    I REALLY don't understand why my daughter would have the desire to dance NAKED in front of people. If she LOVES to dance that much, then I'm all for her being a dancer with clothes ON!
    So you would disown her???? I can understand not supporting it, but disowning is harsh
  10. Account Closed
    Sunshyne's Avatar
    Sunshyne is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    23,919
    #20
    I would have to say military for me.....people would pay me to keep my clothes on in a strip club
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •