Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 97

Thread: is being a sahm a job??

  1. Senior Member
    MarinesDarling's Avatar
    MarinesDarling is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    1,953

    #1

    is being a sahm a job??

    Advertisements
    ok so someone told me that being a stay at home mom isnt a job but a vacation. even if you have more than one kid. so that means that me and the kids dont need to go on vacation, cuz we're already on one.

    so how do you feel about that? whats your thoughts and opinions? is it a job or not? why or why not? and do stay home parents, and the kids, have a right to go on vacation?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Jennygirl's Avatar
    Jennygirl is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bremerton, WA
    Posts
    27,306
    #2
    Ive now had the chance to be both...And they (working and staying at home) both feel like a job...But one you leave at the end of the day and the other is a 24/7 one...
    Are you scrappy enough for me
  3. Community Leader
    LaneyBug's Avatar
    LaneyBug is offline
    Community Leader
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Newport News, VA
    Posts
    9,241
    Blog Entries
    3
    #3
    ABSOLUTELY!!! If it isn't I wouldn't have to get up at 600, and I wouldn't be exhausted at the end of the day.


  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Jennygirl's Avatar
    Jennygirl is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bremerton, WA
    Posts
    27,306
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneyBug View Post
    ABSOLUTELY!!! If it isn't I wouldn't have to get up at 600, and I wouldn't be exhausted at the end of the day.
    Are you scrappy enough for me
  5. Cookie Queen
    Theresa's Avatar
    Theresa is offline
    Cookie Queen
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,191
    #5
    Vacation my ass. Of course it's a job, we're just not paid in dollars for it.

    What an idiotic statement.
  6. Senior Member
    MarinesDarling's Avatar
    MarinesDarling is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    1,953

    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennygirl View Post
    Ive now had the chance to be both...And they (working and staying at home) both feel like a job...But one you leave at the end of the day and the other is a 24/7 one...
    exactly being a parent is a 24/7 job, not that i call it a job. but i mean you take care of the kids, the house, and everything that goes with it.
  7. Senior Member
    AshleyJ's Avatar
    AshleyJ is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ft Gordon, GA
    Posts
    4,689
    Blog Entries
    1
    #7
    It is a job. Children can be a handful esp when they are younger. My son seems to need me 24 hrs a day and by the end of the night I am utterly exhausted. You may not receive payment financially, but if you do your job right and raise them well that's just as good of if not better a payment then an actual get in your car sit behind a desk kind of job.
  8. Senior Member
    MarinesDarling's Avatar
    MarinesDarling is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    1,953

    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneyBug View Post
    ABSOLUTELY!!! If it isn't I wouldn't have to get up at 600, and I wouldn't be exhausted at the end of the day.
    that is so true. or be up all night when they're sick for days on end.
  9. and still I think of you
    Daysgoby's Avatar
    Daysgoby is offline
    and still I think of you
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Vicenza, Italy
    Posts
    10,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    #9
    Being at SAHM is a full time job. Some people are so ignorant.
  10. Banned
    lovemachine's Avatar
    lovemachine is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    17,792
    Blog Entries
    14
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamma2ArmyBrats View Post
    ok so someone told me that being a stay at home mom isnt a job but a vacation. even if you have more than one kid. so that means that me and the kids dont need to go on vacation, cuz we're already on one.

    so how do you feel about that? whats your thoughts and opinions? is it a job or not? why or why not? and do stay home parents, and the kids, have a right to go on vacation?
    I think being a SAHM can be one of the hardest jobs there is...and I definitly disagree with it being a vacation...

    I have not...and don't ever plan on being a SAHM...but my mom stayed home with us when we were little...and pretty sure she wasn't sitting around eating bon bons watching soaps!!! Kids are alot of work
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •