Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3rd draft ?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

3rd draft ?

Advertisements
    So from the if there were women drafted thread I have noticed that many would be devastated and very upset to be drafted.

Reading some of the reasons the ladies have against being drafted: not cut out for the military, want to start a family, object to the war etc men have those SAME feelings. Yet are treated differently for voicing them.

My question is, if they were drafting men right this moment would you understand why they would object, be upset, do everything in their power legally to avoid it? Or would you say they are cowards and not fulfilling their civic duty?
  2. Senior Member
    If they ABSOLUTELY did not want to go and had a true valid reason I may be a little more open...

HOWEVER I dated a German once (where they have a requirement for service) and he bitched and whined on a contentious objector front, not because he really felt that way, but simply because he "didn't want to die", and violence "scared him"

Instead, he finally got let out of his military obligation, after his step father (a high ranking religious official in his state) pulled some strings. He spent a year in a kibbutz in Israel, on a social service obligation which is generally reserved for those who are physically unable to serve, OR can prove a religious affiliation beyond "just peace-loving protestant" where it would conflict with their beliefs.

Did he take anything from that, which also could have been a cool experience? NO... just complained about it the whole time. It made me sick.

I think sometimes you just have to do things you don't want to do, and get over it. He needed a real attitude adjustment though in general, so maybe it skewed my perspective.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    I would say they are cowards and don't deserve the citizenship paid for on the backs of others. However, I would do MY duty, if I was called upon to do it. Just because I have a pussy, does not mean that I am one.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    But what is wrong with not wanting to die & being afraid of violence? I would think those are valid reasons to not wanting to be drafted. If men have to do things they do not want to do then the same should be said for women.

Not nitpicking just thinking about what you said.
  5. army_girl_20
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKOSWIFEY View Post
    I would say they are cowards and don't deserve the citizenship paid for on the backs of others. However, I would do MY duty, if I was called upon to do it. Just because I have a pussy, does not mean that I am one.
    OMG you're my hero for that statement!!! Okay, you officially made my day... I completely agree with you!
  6. Senior Member
    I I mean.... I don't like a lot of things, but if it was required of me, I would do it... and not bend over backwards and call in a million favors to get out of it, and then, when I got out of it, bitch about my social placement as well, you know...

You can't just be lazy, and want everything handed to you... you have civic duties to perform.

But, I think his problem too, and not that it's a problem, but he was a very arrogant spoiled, closed minded West German, who hated anything to do with his country, America, or any type of military, and didn't see how important and character building something like that, or the kibbutz thing could be... because like I said, even though he went on the latter one, he complained about it every single day.

I still am not sure what kind of world he lives in these days... but that is beside the point... no matter how I do it, I expect the things I get to be earned, and to have to work for them, even if it means I spend some time busting my ass, and scared shitless out of my comfort zone.

But on the other hand, maybe I am just a bitch
  7. army_girl_20
    Quote Originally Posted by Green~Mammy View Post
    But what is wrong with not wanting to die & being afraid of violence? I would think those are valid reasons to not wanting to be drafted. If men have to do things they do not want to do then the same should be said for women.

Not nitpicking just thinking about what you said.
    I think men should have just as much choice in the draft as women... but then I also think women should be a part of the draft I see it as if you're a single parent or married and already have a spouse called up, you should be left to be able to take care of the kids. If you're unmarried with no kids and have specific medical or educational duties holding you back (all documented so much we see a decline in oxygen from the tree loss) then that too should make you exempt. Otherwise, get off your sorry ass and appreciate the fact that this country has it's freedom due to men and women making sacrifices, their families making sacrifices -- and be THANKFUL to be a part of such a monumental concept!!!

Ooosah! Okay, I probably just pissed a ton of people off, but I'm just stating my view here, cuz this is something I'm really passionate about.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    LOL I think you ladies are not the ones that were saying all the reasons why women should not be drafted.
  9. army_girl_20
    Definitely wasn't me....
  10. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Green~Mammy View Post
    LOL I think you ladies are not the ones that were saying all the reasons why women should not be drafted.
    nope! Just because I have a uterus doesn't mean that I can't sit at a desk and file paperwork!

(Oh wait, you mean the military has other jobs aside from infantry??? Wow, never thought of it like that... )
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast