Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If the draft were in effect...

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

If the draft were in effect...

Advertisements
    Do you think that women should be apart of it or do you think that it should be only men?
  2. Community Leader
    Community Leader
    Blog Entries
    No, I'm very anti-feminist in this respect. I like having the choice whether or not to raise my children myself. I don't like the draft idea in general though, so that may sway my judgement.

3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    no if men and women were both drafted what would happen to peoples kids?
    "I believe that everything happens for a reason.People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so that eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together"-Marilyn Monroe
  4. Senior Member
    If women can meet the standards, they should be included. It's been proven that if you raise the standards and expectations to be on par with males, 99% of the time, they can meet or exceed those standards.

That being said, I am anti a conventional draft as it has existed in the past. And have mixed feelings about women in direct combat roles and spec ops.

And DB and I have talked at length about this.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneyBug View Post
    No, I'm very anti-feminist in this respect. I like having the choice whether or not to raise my children myself. I don't like the draft idea in general though, so that may sway my judgement.
    I agree, but I don't see why it women shouldn't be included.. Feminists can't pick and choose what applies to them and what doesn't..
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    No... I believe in motherhood coming first, so I would have to say women shouldn't be included. I do not agree with draft in any sence though, since I don't understand why the government would want to MAKE someone fight it they didn't want to.
    Katie- Mommy to Kylee 10-30-05 (loving big sister, Ms. independent, intelligent, princess) and Auriana 09-17-08 (miracle baby with down syndrome, heart defects, hearing impairment, digestive problems, tube fed since birth, but determined to succeed, strong, loving, happy)

Ask me about Congenital Heart Defects... 1 in 100, it could be your child...

Ask me about Down Syndrome... more common than you think...

Wife to a Disabled Army Veteran... been there, done that, moving on
  7. Community Leader
    Community Leader
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leftover View Post
    I agree, but I don't see why it women shouldn't be included.. Feminists can't pick and choose what applies to them and what doesn't..
    I don't understand what you are saying. I may be dense.

8. Senior Member
    I am sort of divided on this ---

For one thing, I believe that no matter what both a mother and father should not be forced to leave their kids at any point, so that would imply no, but I know plenty of cases where the men are more involved in raising their kids than the women are and in that case, it might be better for mom to go in and dad to stay home. Plus, there are a lot of women who want to be in the military that would not go voluntarily if their husband was FORCED to be in, because of their kids. So. I guess, I'm against it, but I also think that it would harm our armed services to require anyone to go.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leftover View Post
    I agree. It's part of being treated as equals.

God grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change,
    courage to change the things I can,
    and wisdom to know the difference.
  10. Senior Member
    Well, not every woman in the US is a mother. I think if a woman wants to she should be able to put her name in if there draft were ever put in effect. That way mothers wont get drafted, yet woman with out children that want to can be drafted.
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast