Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sterilization

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Sterilization

Advertisements
    Reading through past threads, many people seem to think that people should not have kids. E.g. the 911 post with the child left inside the car. In the news a few weeks ago there was an article and multiple discussions on the sterilization , at least temporarily, for teenage girls in the U.K. thinking logistically is this a good idea or no? And today there was the case of the 5 mo old baby "left' with a cab driver whose mom turned out to be 14 n dad was 27.

With multiple examples available what is your stance? Should sterilization be an option, should it be forced? Esp for teenage girls... ?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...2093927AAKSLtY

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=87865613

Sarah
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I think it should be an option, if not for the parents at least for the girls... personally there are a lot of reasons... some of them include- cut down on irresponsible parents, abused children, globally-> helps with the idea of starving children and the spread of AIDS/HIV through birth... I see some benefits... ppl will just think I am a baby killer I am sure... n call me immoral... and what not... but it should be fun to see who replies w/ what supporting arguments, claims, and stakes. (sry, another paper idea). Plus, it will cut down on abortion rates... I am pro choice no hesitation...
  3. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Forced... NO WAY. More widely and easily available, YES. Birth control isn't even covered on most insurance plans. It should be automatic that women easily get and afford birth control no matter what insurance they have or don't have.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    well.
    i gotta start getting to posts before Trina.. all i do is say "i agree with wicked!"
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    Forced... NO WAY. More widely and easily available, YES. Birth control isn't even covered on most insurance plans. It should be automatic that women easily get and afford birth control no matter what insurance they have or don't have.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

It needs to be an option not forced. MY aunt was forced to have her tubes cut/tied(i dont remember which one) when she was 15. She can NEVER have kids. I think that was severely wrong to do that to her. She would of been a WONDERFUL mother.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Oh NO NOT FORCED!!! It's up to the woman if she wants children, not anyone else. No one should ever have the ability to actually prevent another person from ever being able to experience motherhood. Now, it should be an option for people. My friend is 21, has 3 kids, and requested to have her tubes tied after the birth of her last child, and THEY REFUSED TO DO IT!!! They told her that you have to be at least 25!! So, in the case of someone making an informed decision to have it done, they should allow it.
    Katie- Mommy to Kylee 10-30-05 (loving big sister, Ms. independent, intelligent, princess) and Auriana 09-17-08 (miracle baby with down syndrome, heart defects, hearing impairment, digestive problems, tube fed since birth, but determined to succeed, strong, loving, happy)

Ask me about Congenital Heart Defects... 1 in 100, it could be your child...

Ask me about Down Syndrome... more common than you think...

Wife to a Disabled Army Veteran... been there, done that, moving on
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Also wanted to add, If all teen girls were forced to have their tubes tied, the world would end eventually, because there would be no one reproducing
    Katie- Mommy to Kylee 10-30-05 (loving big sister, Ms. independent, intelligent, princess) and Auriana 09-17-08 (miracle baby with down syndrome, heart defects, hearing impairment, digestive problems, tube fed since birth, but determined to succeed, strong, loving, happy)

Ask me about Congenital Heart Defects... 1 in 100, it could be your child...

Ask me about Down Syndrome... more common than you think...

Wife to a Disabled Army Veteran... been there, done that, moving on
  9. Loving Life!
    Loving Life!
    Blog Entries
    No - it should never be forced....although I do agree with you that there are some out there that should NOT be parents. We as a society are forced to deal with after effects of poor parenting, rather than preventing poor parenting. That being said, I still feel it would be wrong to forcibly sterilize someone.

My little Loves!
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I think good points are made about of course, if all girls got tubes tied then yes eventually there would be no more children. Id there was a temporary way to prevent teens from having kids, other then u know b.c. or condoms or something used frequently today. Would u ask your daughter to do it? Idk, i have to agree over a certain age it is wrong to forced decisions.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast