Thread: Gloria Steinem's comments

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

Gloria Steinem's comments

Advertisements
    here is the full article

http://www.observer.com/2008/stumpin...cred-overrated

McCain was in fact a prisoner of war for around five-and-a-half years, during which he was tortured repeatedly. Steinem said with bewilderment, ďI mean, Hello?, this is supposed to be a qualification to be president? I donít think so.Ē

I am so grateful that Hillary Clinton hasnít been trained to kill anybody.

i was disgusted after reading this.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I agree with you. If it came down that I like both candidates equally, military service would be deciding factor.
  3. Community Leader
    Community Leader
    Blog Entries
    In my opinion that is just reverse sexism.

4. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

It doesn't surprise me, she is a pacifist. Everyone has different things that they look for in a presidential candidate. If you (general you disclaimer) are allowed to prefer someone who has military experience, then she is allowed to look for the opposite. It's not a personal slight against people in the military, it's just not what SHE thinks qualifies someone to be president. And she has a point. While his military service makes him a hero in my eyes, what does that have to do with knowing how to run a country? Not exactly the same thing. People didn't think that Kerry serving was a good enough reason to elect him and questioned it all the time. Turn abouts fair play.

I think there are MUCH bigger things to worry about than what Gloria Steinem says about the Presidential candidates.
  5. fridaynightgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    I think there are MUCH bigger things to worry about than what Gloria Steinem says about the Presidential candidates.

Amen, sister.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Puke

I totally agree with "We have bigger issues to deal with then what Gloria said" Personally that is what is wrong with the media now a days, they spend so much time glorifying what alot of these gumballs are saying and giving them their 15 minutes of fame that they lose track of the real issues. They were talking about this onthe View today and none of them could agree on what to disagree on. She has a right to her opinion but she should really keep her mouth shut on issues (military) if she personally has 1) never been in the military. 2) or has anyone near to her heart in the military. She is just running her mouth and we as Americans need to learn how to filter this type of talk and try not to take it personal. Just a thought.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    yes agree there are bigger things to worry about that what gloria steinmen says. i was just making a statement. the article she wrote pissed me off.
    BTW, i don't like any of the canidates running. i don't think someone should be put into office just because of military experience. i was pissed about what she said about the military.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    :eyeroll
  9. Navy Wife
    Navy Wife
    Blog Entries
    Do not take life too seriously, you will never get out of it alive
  10. Mommy960003

Nutts

Quote Originally Posted by estacia View Post
    here is the full article

http://www.observer.com/2008/stumpin...cred-overrated

McCain was in fact a prisoner of war for around five-and-a-half years, during which he was tortured repeatedly. Steinem said with bewilderment, ďI mean, Hello?, this is supposed to be a qualification to be president? I donít think so.Ē

I am so grateful that Hillary Clinton hasnít been trained to kill anybody.

i was disgusted after reading this.

In another thread someone said they are scared with our choices for the presidential candidates! I that whoever gets in office is better than the last guy.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast