Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

View Poll Results: Do you think teen moms should get maternity leave while in school?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

46 66.67%
  • No

22 31.88%
  • The infamous Other~~please explain

1 1.45%
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr Phil today

1. Mrs Schlegel
    Mrs Schlegel
    Blog Entries

Mad Dr Phil today

Advertisements
    I am so right now. The red headed woman that says teen mothers shouldn't have maternity leave just sent me over the edge. If I could have went through the TV I would have slapped her. NOT EVERY TEEN MOM WANTS MATERNITY LEAVE TO LIVE ON WELFARE AND GO TO THE MALL!!!!!!!! WHO THE HELL IS SHE TO JUDGE TEEN MOTHERS AS A WHOLE?? People like that is what pisses me off. I was a teen mother. I took care of my child. I didn't worry about going to the mall and looking cool pushing a stroller. Maternity leave is meant for the child to bond with the mother and for the mother to heal. This woman had the nerve to say that it is the grandparent's who are raising the babies anyhow, so why would the teen need a maternity leave. Who the hell does she think she is? OMG!! I am just so raving pissed right now.

What are your thoughts?

DH~~baby u dont have to worry about giving me everything that i want...... i alrdy have that .... i got u ....i got someone who is sexy ..... someone who has her days ..... someone who keeps me crazy .... someone who keeps me sane .... not all in the same day~

2. autumnh
    I completely agree with you; I'm preggo with my first [two] right now at 21 but my sister had her first two at 16 and 19 and she was NEVER concerned with going to the mall, etc. She had a really hard time with her first and definitely needed the time off to heal/bond.

I think EVERY mother needs some maternity leave, regardless of age!
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    i agree with you. my mom was a teen mom and worked her behind off to take care of me. she was able to stay home for the first few months thanks to my grandparents and bond with me then went back to working 2 jobs
  4. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    My thoughts are that I want to watch Dr. Phil today Sounds like the woman is pretty ignorant when it comes to the plight of teen mothers. Granted I'm sure there are people out there that use the system - but they're certainly not all teen mothers. I think there are more responsible teen moms out there than people think.
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I dont think they should.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    i voted yes but i should've voted other. i think if the teen mom wants to take that maternity leave they should allow her but if she doesn't they shouldn't force her either
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I think they should have maternity leave...it is hard enough for teen mothers to finish school...why make it harder on them...its too late she is pregnant, so why not do everything in our power to help her graduate and succeed!?
  8. *Live well, Laugh often, Love everyday*
    *Live well, Laugh often, Love everyday*
    I haven't seen Dr. Phil yet..It doesn't show here until 4pm..But as to the question, I honestly don't believe that teenagers should get maternity leave..I have seen what happens to most of the girls that do have children while in school..I don't want that for our children in the future..It's time to stand up to what they have done & realize that only they can fix what their future holds
  9. Loving Life!
    Loving Life!
    Blog Entries
    We've had this debate before. I believe that teen mothers SHOULD have maternity leave from school.

My little Loves!
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I voted yes. I think teen mothers need time off to heal and bond, just as older working mothers do.
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast