Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Warming

1. Senior Member

Global Warming

Advertisements
    What do you think of global warming? will it really happen or is it something that we are being made to believe?

i dont really think that it will happen, but if it did then there would be so much going on that will make the world not at all a better place. i mean so far the weather and everything is still the same, so i dont see where anything in the atomosphere would change.
  2. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    I think it's 100% legit. It's not a question of if it will happen or not, it IS happening. If you want to say that it's a natural part of the earth's cycle, that's one perspective - but I think of it more along the lines of a natural part of the earth's cycle on steroids. Humankind has contributed largely to the rate in which the earth is heating up. This is a debate that can be argued until both sides are blue in the face - but IMO there's no harm done in doing what we can to minimize our footprint on this planet, and take care of her for our kids and theirs.
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    I think it's 100% legit. It's not a question of if it will happen or not, it IS happening. If you want to say that it's a natural part of the earth's cycle, that's one perspective - but I think of it more along the lines of a natural part of the earth's cycle on steroids. Humankind has contributed largely to the rate in which the earth is heating up. This is a debate that can be argued until both sides are blue in the face - but IMO there's no harm done in doing what we can to minimize our footprint on this planet, and take care of her for our kids and theirs.
    I agree!

You don't HAVE to believe in anything, to leave a place better than when you got there.

We only have one planet, why not take good care of it?
  4. Senior Member
    I think its a faze the world is going through, but I do agree that we have to take care of our planet no matter what. Like it was said before, we only have one planet.
  5. Community Leader
    Community Leader
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    I agree!

You don't HAVE to believe in anything, to leave a place better than when you got there.

We only have one planet, why not take good care of it?

My thoughts exactly.

6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kittieb View Post
    I think its a faze the world is going through, but I do agree that we have to take care of our planet no matter what. Like it was said before, we only have one planet.
    agree. i think it's just a phase but we are exacerbating parts of it.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I agree a million percent with becca...Its not a phase, its happening.
    Are you scrappy enough for me
  8. Senior Member
    It isn't something that will happen. It is happening. I think most scientists agree with this now. (This was not true at first.)

But seriously, as someone mentioned before. If you don't think that it is happening, why not just do what you can to just leave earth in the same condition that you found it. (Even if this just means not littering on the highway to you.)

What happens if you are wrong? If all the scientists and people who do think global warming is happening are wrong, we leave earth cleaner and might find more efficient energy sources. If those who don't believe in it are wrong, we're all royally screwed, aren't we?
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I TOTALLY AGREE

I get so mad when I hear " Oh it's natural , the earth can take care of itself" or"it's just a phase"
    I mean come on ...
    The international scientific community recognizes it
    Someone read one of the most influenctial scientist in the NASA program, Carl Sagan's "Billions and Billion"
    or the highly respected scholar,theologian, and Catholic Priest Thomas Berry's "The Great Work"
    Yeesh,
    Al Gore had to make a movie about it just to get people talking
    (nevermind that is was a uber dull movie, but a least he got people talking)

Last but not least
    The United Nations recognized the danger
    http://unfccc.int/2860.php

so ladies please
    get on the Band wagon and Go Green...
    [/URL]
    You're My Wife Select. You've been approved for the position you just have to go through the ceremony
  10. Proud Seabee wife!
    Proud Seabee wife!
    That was said so perfectly. My dad publishes and is a distributor for a lot of dive and seashell books from Australia for here in the us. Well a good friend of his and very well known and scientist in Australia has written a couple books just finished his second one, its got some of the best explanation possible
    http://www.climateshifts.org/?p=95
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast