Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about

1. Senior Member

How do you feel about

Advertisements
    Teenagers having babys? When i say teenager i mean between ages 13-16. Tell us how you feel about it and why. Any thing goes.
  2. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    Not touching this one.
  3. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    Let me just say that I was a teenage mother (16) and just as easily as a teenage mother can be bad, so can a mother in her 30's. I was a great mother to my daughter.

Now, I do not want my children to go thru what I went thru. Not that I was bad, but I want something different for them. I want them to experience being teenagers.
  4. Navy Wife
    Navy Wife
    Blog Entries
    Do not take life too seriously, you will never get out of it alive
  5. Loving My Navy Veteran
    Loving My Navy Veteran
    I think its sad. Any girl that age is not emotionally or physically prepared to have a child.

ETA: I was 19 when I had my son, I was married, and we purposefully tried to get pregnant. I know now that I was not emotionally prepared to be a mother.
  6. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaSweetie View Post
    I think its sad. Any girl that age is not emotionally or physically prepared to have a child.

ETA: I was 19 when I had my son, I was married, and we purposefully tried to get pregnant. I know now that I was not emotionally prepared to be a mother.
    I can agree with not being emotionally prepared. DO you feel like you neglected your son in anyway just b/c of your age though?

I think with enough reserch and support a teenage mother has just as good of a chance of being a good mother as any other age.
  7. Senior Member
    I'm going to say that I'm not necessarily AGAINST younger teenagers having babies. However, I don't think it's the best thing for them.

And no, it's not because I think they're not capable of caring for the babies. It's strictly because I feel like everyone deserves to be a "child" and a "teenager" and have fun...without having to care for a baby or babies. I look back at some of the things my best friends had to miss, and while their children are the most wonderful gifts...my friends missed out on a lot of things that they really wanted to do.

That being said, I also know that there are several younger teenagers who aren't interested in those activities, and they are completely and totally prepared to start their families.

Therefore, I say....to each his/her own. I wouldn't encourage my children to pursue that, but I wouldn't stop them either.
  8. Senior Member

I dont mind it as long as they know what it entails and how to put the baby before them.

but i am against it when they are set out to just have a baby for the hell of it, and dont do what they're supposed to as a parent.
  9. Loving My Navy Veteran
    Loving My Navy Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ~*~Sarah*J~*~ View Post
    I can agree with not being emotionally prepared. DO you feel like you neglected your son in anyway just b/c of your age though?

I think with enough reserch and support a teenage mother has just as good of a chance of being a good mother as any other age.
    Neglect...NO. I just know that right NOW, I know that I was not prepared at that age to be a mother. Yes, I have learned ALOT and my son definitely made me a better person. I think had I had more life experience and been at a more mature age when I had him that I could have been a better mother.

I feel like I missed out on the first few years of his life because I went to college full time, and I worked full time.

Its really hard for me to explain. I like being a "young" mother, because by the time I'm 40, my son will be 20, and I feel like my husband and I will still have some young years left to travel and experience the world on our own...If that makes any sense.
  10. Senior Member
    I think children are growing up too fast by having sexual relations too young. I wish teenagers would embrace their childhood a bit more b/c I can imagine how hard it would be to be a young teenage mom.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast