Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Child Support Spin Off

1. Senior Member

Another Child Support Spin Off

Advertisements
    Do you think it's right for a parent who receives child support to spend that money on rent, bills, etc, when they are able to work but choose not to because they receive child support and matience(sp) money.

2. ProudArmyWifeD
    Yes, because that's exactly what child support is for: to support the child. Rent is to put a roof over the child's head, and bills are to heat the house, have water and electricity, etc.

If a parent can afford to stay home and raise the child with only child support, then its their choice to do so. And I think its great if they can, because more often than not, CS just isn't enough.
  3. Senior Member
    What if the parent isn't able to stay home and just live off child support, they choose to live off child support and money that they get from their parents because they do not want to work and just want everyone to support them.

4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudArmyWifeD View Post
    Yes, because that's exactly what child support is for: to support the child. Rent is to put a roof over the child's head, and bills are to heat the house, have water and electricity, etc.

If a parent can afford to stay home and raise the child with only child support, then its their choice to do so. And I think its great if they can, because more often than not, CS just isn't enough.

took the thoughts right outta my head!
  5. Navy Wife
    Navy Wife
    Blog Entries

I agree.
    Do not take life too seriously, you will never get out of it alive
  6. I'm Only A Little Crazy
    I'm Only A Little Crazy

7. Senior Member

JMO, I think that that parent who has the child should be paying for the rent and bills and etc on their own. I think that child support should be just for the child, like clothes, things they want to do, buying school supplies, things that are "just" for the child. I think that the parent who receives the support should work and do their half of taking care of things and not just rely on the parent who pays the support.

8. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    But isn't it better for the child to have a parent that stays at home to raise them rather then going to day care and then barely seeing either parent?
    Best interest of the child, IF the childs needs are being met with CS it is of no concern what the other parent does with their time as long as it is not detrimental to the child.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyChiefs_Wife View Post
    JMO, I think that that parent who has the child should be paying for the rent and bills and etc on their own. I think that child support should be just for the child, like clothes, things they want to do, buying school supplies, things that are "just" for the child. I think that the parent who receives the support should work and do their half of taking care of things and not just rely on the parent who pays the support.
    I really don't understand why your asking this question when you obviously have strong feelings about it.

IMO, this is a personal issue that you have with your dh's ex receiving child support.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    But isn't it better for the child to have a parent that stays at home to raise them rather then going to day care and then barely seeing either parent?
    Best interest of the child, IF the childs needs are being met with CS it is of no concern what the other parent does with their time as long as it is not detrimental to the child.
    What if the child is in school and at an age where they can stay at home alone for a few hours? Why should one parent have to pay out of the ass while the other parent just sits around all day and does nothing. I think it's wrong for a parent to take child support and just rely on that for getting by when their child is in school and they are able to work. I think that both parents should support the child.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast