Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spin off - Child support issue

1. Loving Life!
    Loving Life!
    Blog Entries

Spin off - Child support issue

Advertisements
    Ok. Something was mentioned in another thread about Child Support. A statement was made about child support not being utilized correctly.

Here's my question. Do you think a parent that receives child support should have to account for where that money goes to support the child?

Be nice ladies.

My little Loves!
  2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    it really does depend. on one hand yes I know some people want to see where the CS is going, on the other it's really none of their business as long as the child is taken care of.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by parkwoodmom View Post
    Ok. Something was mentioned in another thread about Child Support. A statement was made about child support not being utilized correctly.

Here's my question. Do you think a parent that receives child support should have to account for where that money goes to support the child?

Be nice ladies.
    Absolutely!!! I know a few women/men who get child support and the kid has old ass clothes and eats crappy food. The money they get is used to go out and party.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    nope i dont think it does, UNLESS the custodial parent is having problems keeping the child with shelter, food and clothing. If there is lacking in ANY of that, then yes they should.
  5. Loving my soldier since '96
    Loving my soldier since '96
    I say no but it really depends on the attitude of the person paying child support. It may pay off to keep track just in case you have to go back and forth to court. You will have prove that you are not neglecting your child and using the support on other stuff. Documentation will always be helpful.
    (Disclaimer: The following information is coming from a Army wife who doesn't actually know any specifics 100%. Often told to her by husband or other wise ones. Though, they all will admit that at times they dont know the specifics neither. The information received should be considered unstable and possibly flammable. Do not disseminate. )
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Berkley View Post
    Absolutely!!! I know a few women/men who get child support and the kid has old ass clothes and eats crappy food. The money they get is used to go out and party.

YUP YUP right on the money....I would want to know where my money is going...and it better be going to the child!!!
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    nope i dont think it does, UNLESS the custodial parent is having problems keeping the child with shelter, food and clothing. If there is lacking in ANY of that, then yes they should.
    I agree. But I will say it pisses me off to hear about parents who blow their child support money. It's supposed to be for THE CHILD. Not new shoes and shit for the parents And if the kid doesn't need anything, save it for their college. What could that hurt?
  8. Senior Member
    I agree with what has been said so far. Unless the child isn't being well taken care of, I don't see any reason that child support should have to be specifically accounted for.
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I agree with Donna.

My mother had this problem with my father.
    As a means to GET OUT OF PAYING CHILD SUPPORT he claimed that he shouldnt have to pay because 'she probably isnt even using it for the kid anyway.'
    I was obviously a happy, healthy and well clothed little girl... so obviously that the judge LITERALLY laughed in my bio fathers face.

I think that if there doesnt seem to be any problem, a parent shouldnt have to give a detailed list to where ALL the money goes to. I think any parent should be WILLING to give such a list (my mother was.. especially since the child support he was supposed to pay didnt cover ALL bills -- he was under the illusion that he was paying COMPLETELY for me.. HA!) but i dont think they should have to.

unless of course there seems to be a problem. because if there is a problem.. well YEAH there needs to be intervention.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    ITA. I think that there should be certain standards set just like in any other legal/money issue.
    I hate seeing parents (and I know PLENTY) that go and spend their CS on getting their nails done and new hair cuts and cars while their children run around in torn jeans and the same shirt for days...ugh. Lol.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast