Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: which decade?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

which decade?

Advertisements
    in american history do you think was MOST influential? why?

Everyday you spend worrying about tomorrow...you miss living for today...
  2. Banned
    Banned
    The turn of the (20th) century was pretty amazing. Before WWI there were giant steps being made to take care of society and the poor and everyone it seems had a genuine concern for ALL people. The first land protections were made (state and federal parks), women were making progress on sufferage (although it didn't actually happen until 1919), there was a real sense of "community" for the first time PROBABLY since around the revolution. But then after WWI people were so disillusioned that all of that went right out the window. Then people didn't give a shit anymore. Life was short! Thats when people started partying! Flappers, Jazz, prohibition and lots of illegal drinking, pool halls, gambling, etc. Everything changed after that and I'm not sure we've ever really gotten back to that sense of brotherhood. Although the 60's came close, in a way, it divided the nation more than it did in the early 1900's.

(sorry- I was a history major and American history is my favorite)
  3. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries
    1960's, the Civil Rights Movement
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    The time period I think was most powerful spanned both the 60's and the 70's it was a very powerful time a lot of change was being made very quickly.
  5. Beltway Bandit
    Beltway Bandit
    Blog Entries
    My AP US History teacher always said he wanted to teach a class called The Sixities and it would cover the 1760s (the lead up to the American revolution), the 1860s (the Civil War and the beginning of Reconstruction) and the 1960s (culture wars, etc)
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    My AP US History teacher always said he wanted to teach a class called The Sixities and it would cover the 1760s (the lead up to the American revolution), the 1860s (the Civil War and the beginning of Reconstruction) and the 1960s (culture wars, etc)
    I was just coming in to say this. The 60s in every century.
  7. Senior Member
    I'll say the 1940's. World War II shaped American History and European history for probably a long time to come. Current views on communism and civil rights began during this time period too.
  8. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    Absolutely. The 60's seem like a very important decade in every century.
  9. "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    I'm a huge history person and love love love anything about US history and military history and im working to become a history teacher..i could find so many things in everything haaha i get into discussions like this alot n alot of my friends just look at me crazy cuz i get so into it..but i like to look alot at the WWII era..its my favorite era in history..and i think it just really shaped views on the military and stuff and upped support..i mean look at wat we have to look back onto now with the pin ups that were all over to help get ppl interested...theres just sooo many things i could come up with haha i loove this stuff

<333333!