Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Abistence

1. I'm from the south and sometimes I have a big mouth
    I'm from the south and sometimes I have a big mouth

Abistence

Advertisements
    I know I didnt spell that right. On the news here we have focus on the family segments. The one now is no sex before marriage. They claim it brings you closer to your spouse if your both virgins. Do you agree or disagree?
  2. Cookie Queen
    Cookie Queen
    I think it depends on the person. I already felt close to my Husband (excuse me 'future spouse' ) and abstaining from sex wouldn't have changed that for either of us.
  3. Im crazy, the good kind
    Im crazy, the good kind
    for me personally, I need sex....it makes me feel closer to the person physically and emotionally...and makes me see if there is truly a connection there
  4. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    *shrug*

Abstinence ensures you don't get pregnant and that you don't contract an STD...it really doesn't ensure you're closer together.
    Closeness doesn't come from not having sex.
    Closeness comes from being truthful and honest with eachother and taking time to talk about things that are important and by respecting eachother's issues.
  5. FLORIDIAN
    FLORIDIAN
    I think it might be easier on your relationship if there is no baggage brought in from the past. Maybe it means in that sense?

Have you ever thought about what protects our hearts? / Just a cage of rib bones and other various parts /
    So it's fairly simple to cut right through the mess / And stop the muscle that makes us confess / And we are so fragile /
    And our cracking bones make noise / And we are just breakable, breakable, breakable girls and boys.

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Sponge View Post
    *shrug*

Abstinence ensures you don't get pregnant and that you don't contract an STD...it really doesn't ensure you're closer together.
    Closeness doesn't come from not having sex.
    Closeness comes from being truthful and honest with eachother and taking time to talk about things that are important and by respecting eachother's issues.
    I completely agree.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Uh ... no, I would not abstain before marriage.

I think partners should know if they're going to be compatible in ALL aspects of life, and let's face it, sex is a pretty big part of that. It's the main issue why couples fight, separate, and even divorce, right after money.

Safe sex is the way to go.
  8. I'm from the south and sometimes I have a big mouth
    I'm from the south and sometimes I have a big mouth
    I personally wouldnt want the wedding night to be awkward and painful. DH and I are pretty close and we had partners before.
  9. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Yep..

But, you know, if ONE person does feel that they want to abstain then the other partner should respect that and not hold it against him/her ... and if they can't live without sex then they shouldn't at least be able to talk about it and understand eachother's views.

Sex is fun and good but it's not actually necessary. If you truly and deeply love someone then you should be willing to wait if that's what they want.
  10. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Quote Originally Posted by mossey2000 View Post
    I personally wouldnt want the wedding night to be awkward and painful. DH and I are pretty close and we had partners before.
    You know, I was surprised to read somwhere that only about 1/3 or 1/2 of married couples have sex on their wedding night - usually they're on their way to their honeymoon destination or something.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast