Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Another spin off-temp sterilization

1. Senior Member

Another spin off-temp sterilization

Advertisements
    If your son came to you and said him and his gf want to have sex, and that she COULDNT talk to her parents about the pill but wanted it, would you take her to the clinic (planned parenthood or whatever) so that she could get it?

Last night I played a blank tape at full blast. The mime next door went nuts.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    nope. It's not my daughter...not my choice. I would try to find every avenue possible to open up communication between her and her parents.
  3. Loving Life!
    Loving Life!
    Blog Entries
    No. It's not my place to. I would encourage her to talk to her parents.

My little Loves!
  4. Senior Member
    No I would not, that is not my place to do at all.
    Instead I would talk to my son and his girlfriend and try to help the girlfriend talk to her parents. would also be strongly advising my son to use condoms no matter what.

I know I would be absolutely furious if someone took my minor child to the doctor and got them any sort of medication (be it bc pills or whatever) behind my back.

Besides, can't teens go to Planned Parenthood to get bc, or do they need parental permission if they are minors? Maybe it varies between states?
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    No way.... I wouldn't want to be liable if/when the shit hit the fan.

I'd probably buy my kid condoms and make sure he absolutely KNEW what he was getting into... and give him the number to Planned Parenthood.
  6. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    Quote Originally Posted by Devinn View Post
    nope. It's not my daughter...not my choice. I would try to find every avenue possible to open up communication between her and her parents.
    100% I would also be trying to talk to my own child about why he/she feels they are ready. It is just not a decision you make lightly and I would want my child to understand that fully. Sex effects both parties involved not to mention the parents of the minor children. Helping to open the lines of communication between her and her parents is the main thing. In all reality the parents have to endure the effects of sex so I feel they should be brought into the situation but not by me. I would flip out if someone other than me took MY child without my permission and got her BC. IMO that is crossing the line big time.
  7. Senior Member
    IMO if I knew they were serious and around 16 or 17 i would be open to taking them. you dont need parental consent (at least not where im from) but if she wanted SOMEONE there and couldnt go to her own family, then yes i would. I feel like by not doing it, if she were to get pregnant, i would feel even worse because i could have helped prevent it. i shouldnt let the idea of her parents being angry at me get in the way of protecting my child.

Last night I played a blank tape at full blast. The mime next door went nuts.
  8. Living in paradise :D
    Living in paradise :D
    I agree. I'd be livid if someone else took my child to get on medication behind my back.

I would however, encourage her to talk to her parents, to go to the clinic on her own or with a friend if she was serious about it and really couldn't talk to her parents if she could get it there without them knowing (but really encourage her to talk to them about it). And I would def. let my son know he shouldn't be even touching her without a condom, especially if she wasn't on the pill. I'd def. stress all the consequences of unprotected sex. And then I'd never leave them alone or let them be in a position to do it at my house.
  9. martiemullet
    yes. i'd take her.
    although around here, you don't need an adult to get on birth control. the clinic will give it to anyone, after you get your pap test and take a class.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    No, but I would inform her that if someone she knew was interested in obtaining birth control that she would not need parental consent that young women (12 and up) can go to any planned parent hood and obtain BC with out parental consent.

I would then have a long long talk with my son about sex, we would again go over the consequences of sex, the risks, how to protect himself, that no means no even in the middle of the act, how to properly store condoms, and that having sex before you are emotionally ready for it can be a big mistake.

We would also talk about peer pressure and that just because their friends may be doing something doesn't mean they have to do it as well. I would encourage him to really think about this before taking that next step. His father would help with this conversation and would go over how to properly put on a condom with out me being there so as not to embarrass him.

We plan on talking with them about all of these things as they grow getting more in depth as they get older. around 11 is when the first formal talk will be though.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast