Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Bush fan or no?

1. Senior Member

Bush fan or no?

Advertisements
    Just out of curiosity- what are peoples reason for liking/ not liking Pres. Bush?
    LOVIN' MY LIFE AS A MOM AND A WIFE!
  2. Senior Member
    Oh boy,this has the potential to be heated.I don't like him for a lot of reasons,but here are some of the major ones:

1. I don't like the whole Iraq war deal. I think we should of went after Al Quida(spelling?) and that's it.The whole Iraq having nuclear weapons was a crock of s***.It's almost like he's trying to finish what his dad started.
    2.The state of the economy is going downhill.We're in a massive amount of debt.
    3.The aforementioned debt is mostly credited by China.I'm kind of uneasy about being tied to them more than is neccesary.
    4.He shouldn't have even been President,IMO. He didn't get the popular vote,which is what should matter.The whole thing with Flordia,which is run by his brother..no,don't like it one little bit.
    5.No Child Left Behind.Great sentiment.I'll give him that.But it's unrealistic.It makes no distinction for children in the special-ed program.They have to score at grade level too.For some it's just impossible.

I'll stop now.
  3. Navy Wife
    Navy Wife
    Quote Originally Posted by Larissa View Post
    Oh boy,this has the potential to be heated.I don't like him for a lot of reasons,but here are some of the major ones:

1. I don't like the whole Iraq war deal. I think we should of went after Al Quida(spelling?) and that's it.The whole Iraq having nuclear weapons was a crock of s***.It's almost like he's trying to finish what his dad started.
    3.The aforementioned debt is mostly credited by China.I'm kind of uneasy about being tied to them more than is neccesary.
    4.He shouldn't have even been President,IMO. He didn't get the popular vote,which is what should matter.The whole thing with Flordia,which is run by his brother..no,don't like it one little bit.
    5.No Child Left Behind.Great sentiment.I'll give him that.But it's unrealistic.It makes no distinction for children in the special-ed program.They have to score at grade level too.For some it's just impossible.

I'll stop now.
    Well said... not to mention the fact that the man is one of the poorest speakers around. Listening to him speak makes me want to
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dani View Post
    Well said... not to mention the fact that the man is one of the poorest speakers around. Listening to him speak makes me want to
    Oh yeah,forgot that one!I have one of those posters that has all his misquotes and such.It's quite funny.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    i like Bush because he stands up for what he believes in.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Larissa View Post

I'll stop now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dani View Post

He made the public education system about teaching to a test, instead of teaching to a child, and taking into account their individual abilities, circumstances or rates of development... that is NOT cool. Not to mention extra-ordinarily stressful on the teachers.

He did this without any provision to attract and retain QUALITY educators as well, so we are left with quite a substantial % of teachers who just do the bare minimum to get by, and go home, or get out. And unbelievably high number of teachers do not make it to, much less past the 3 year mark.

The war was a good decision based on the intelligence at the time, but has sense proven to be, really a disaster, and beyond that, no one can tell him so. Not his generals, nor his secretary of state... not the general public, or even his own father! He is like an indignant child who just keeps stomping his feet and employing selective deafness. Again NOT GOOD

Speaking of Intelligence, if anyone at the helm of our country, or at least in charge of our Intel community would have had half a brain we would not have ignored the signs for 9/11 prior to it, nor would we have two extraordinarily capable agencies (namely the CIA and FBI) in such a childlike feud of arrogance and pride so as to NOT SHARE INFORMATION as it needed to be.

That's all I will say on that for now, except to clarify that thank god, FL (where I live) is no longer a part of the Bush political empire.
  7. Navy Wife
    Navy Wife
    Quote Originally Posted by USMCSGTsGirl1239 View Post

He made the public education system about teaching to a test, instead of teaching to a child, and taking into account their individual abilities, circumstances or rates of development... that is NOT cool. Not to mention extra-ordinarily stressful on the teachers.

He did this without any provision to attract and retain QUALITY educators as well, so we are left with quite a substantial % of teachers who just do the bare minimum to get by, and go home, or get out. And unbelievably high number of teachers do not make it to, much less past the 3 year mark.

The war was a good decision based on the intelligence at the time, but has sense proven to be, really a disaster, and beyond that, no one can tell him so. Not his generals, nor his secretary of state... not the general public, or even his own father! He is like an indignant child who just keeps stomping his feet and employing selective deafness. Again NOT GOOD

Speaking of Intelligence, if anyone at the helm of our country, or at least in charge of our Intel community would have had half a brain we would not have ignored the signs for 9/11 prior to it, nor would we have two extraordinarily capable agencies (namely the CIA and FBI) in such a childlike feud of arrogance and pride so as to NOT SHARE INFORMATION as it needed to be.

That's all I will say on that for now, except to clarify that thank god, FL (where I live) is no longer a part of the Bush political empire.
  8. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    Quote Originally Posted by estacia View Post
    i like Bush because he stands up for what he believes in.

I like him but I am not going to get into it any more. This is going to be one heated post.
  9. USS STERETT WIFE
    USS STERETT WIFE
    I don't like him for obvious reasons that everyone has already said on here basically.
  10. Community Leader
    Community Leader
    Blog Entries
    I don't LOVE him, but that being said...I have never had to walk in his shoes. I do not know some of the weight of the decisions he has made. I feel for him. I do.
    Last edited by LaneyBug; 02-20-2008 at 11:51 AM.

Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast