Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Patriotism when convenient???

1. God Bless the USA
    God Bless the USA
    Blog Entries

Shocked Patriotism when convenient???

Advertisements
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...9/cindy-mccain

Seems like as long as things are going well for the Obamas they are patriotic... so long as the USA is making all their personal ambitions come true...

I think Mac and his family were patriotic even in the very worst of times imaginable as a POW for 5 years.
    I'm Sara
    'Blessed is the man that maketh the Lord his trust'
    Psalm 40:4
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Joy of the Lord is my Strength
    Dear GOD, I didn't think orange went with purple until I saw the sunset you made on Tuesday. That was cool!

-Eugene
  2. I'm from the south and sometimes I have a big mouth
    I'm from the south and sometimes I have a big mouth
    How does that make them unpatriotic that they didnt agree with previous adminstrations?
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I am not understanding either. Patriotism does not = liking what your government is doing. You can be patriotic and absolutely disagree with what is going on in our country at any level.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mossey2000 View Post
    How does that make them unpatriotic that they didnt agree with previous adminstrations?
    I agree, I won't become less patriotic if the Republicans win, and I won't become more patriotic if the democrats win. People really are paying attention to this elections and turning out in the polls. The Minnesota caucasus (both dem and rep) had record numbers this year. I don't see how the Obamas were ever not patriotic.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    personally it pisses me off that michelle obama said that. yes, our country has made mistakes, but i am still proud. i would love to be able to question her more on her statement. my question is has she been ashamed of the United States up until now???
  6. God Bless the USA
    God Bless the USA
    Blog Entries
    I know it is not doctrine but listen to the words of Lee Greenwoods Proud to be an American.
    To me Patriotism is being proud all the time in good and bad. Dont get me wrong...I am glad that she has finally had a reason to be proud.
    I'm Sara
    'Blessed is the man that maketh the Lord his trust'
    Psalm 40:4
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Joy of the Lord is my Strength
    Dear GOD, I didn't think orange went with purple until I saw the sunset you made on Tuesday. That was cool!

-Eugene
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Green~Mammy View Post
    I am not understanding either. Patriotism does not = liking what your government is doing. You can be patriotic and absolutely disagree with what is going on in our country at any level.
    In fact, some would argue that doing so is the very essence OF being a patriot!
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Well I am proud to be an American it is a huge part of my heritage BUT I am not proud of what my government is doing. They are separate issues. Nationalism is not the same thing as Patriotism. I find Nationalism to be very dangerous.
  9. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Well I am proud to be an American it is a huge part of my heritage BUT I am not proud of what my government is doing. They are separate issues. Nationalism is not the same thing as Patriotism. I find Nationalism to be very dangerous.
    I agree.
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I agree. Especially with the bolded part. And too many people confuse the two
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast