Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: roe v wade

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Question roe v wade

Advertisements
    if you could, would you overturn roe v wade?

my husband and i had this debate the other night, and surprisingly enough it stayed pretty civil (he is very pro-life and i am very pro-choice). at first he said he would make abortion illegal except when medically necessary, but after some discussion about different situations and what "medically necessary" could mean..the debate went all sorts of different directions. it was nice having an intelligent debate with him for once.

my opinion is that no matter your moral beliefs, i don't think there is a viable alternative for the law as it is...because if it were illegal except in some cases, which is a popular opinion i've heard all over the place (i.e. don't use it for birth control but if the mother could die by carrying it to term than aborting is ok) who is going to be the judge case by case?

i know a lot of people are personally pro-life but pro-choice politically, i guess i am just wondering if anybody would actually change the law if they had the chance. i hope what i said makes sense, i am kind of half out of it today... and i'm not trying to start shit or anything, my curiosity was aroused when dh and i talked about it.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    not touching this at all i've stated time and time and time again my opinions on abortion
  3. A Pretty Poison Flower...bringing you the sweetest juice.
    A Pretty Poison Flower...bringing you the sweetest juice.
    Me: Norfolk Him: Norfolk now, Afghanistan soon.
    Blog Entries
    Absolutely not. I think a woman has every right in this world to decide what happens to and IN her own body. If you don't believe in it then don't do it but don't force your beliefs on my life and my body! I really like the bumper stickers that say "Keep your morals (or politics, I've seen that one as well) off my body!" and "If you can't trust me with a choice then how can you trust me with a child?"

(Not you personally...more of a general "you" to those who want to overturn it)
    Wifey to nstarsweetie and missmaaaine, pog to miraluu, and TayreehBaykur is my Mistress! Mrow! !
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I'm not touching this one either....basically because this debate has been done to death and it always turns ugly.
  5. Senior Member
    I am totally pro-choice.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRed911 View Post
    Absolutely not. I think a woman has every right in this world to decide what happens to and IN her own body. If you don't believe in it then don't do it but don't force your beliefs on my life and my body! I really like the bumper stickers that say "Keep your morals (or politics, I've seen that one as well) off my body!" and "If you can't trust me with a choice then how can you trust me with a child?"

(Not you personally...more of a general "you" to those who want to overturn it)
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    nope wouldn't change it.

8. FLORIDIAN
    FLORIDIAN
    I don't think anyone will say yes, because the overwhelming majority wouldn't, and they will get chewed to bits!
    I really don't have a darn clue, and thank goodness that decision will never rest on my shoulders!

Have you ever thought about what protects our hearts? / Just a cage of rib bones and other various parts /
    So it's fairly simple to cut right through the mess / And stop the muscle that makes us confess / And we are so fragile /
    And our cracking bones make noise / And we are just breakable, breakable, breakable girls and boys.

9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    I don't think anyone will say yes, because the overwhelming majority wouldn't, and they will get chewed to bits!
    I really don't have a darn clue, and thank goodness that decision will never rest on my shoulders!
    i figured most people wouldn't, but i know there are some that would, i guess i was just wondering. i really didn't want to just start up an i'm right/you're wrong argument, just wanted opinions.
  10. FLORIDIAN
    FLORIDIAN
    Quote Originally Posted by s. rosa View Post
    i figured most people wouldn't, but i know there are some that would, i guess i was just wondering. i really didn't want to just start up an i'm right/you're wrong argument, just wanted opinions.
    Oh no, I'm not saying that was your intention! I'm just saying abortion threads seem to go there.

Have you ever thought about what protects our hearts? / Just a cage of rib bones and other various parts /
    So it's fairly simple to cut right through the mess / And stop the muscle that makes us confess / And we are so fragile /
    And our cracking bones make noise / And we are just breakable, breakable, breakable girls and boys.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast