Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nudity in movies

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Nudity in movies

Advertisements
    Anyone seen Ronja Robbersdaughter? It came out in 84 here in the States (according to yahoo search) but I LOOOVED that movie as a kid! Anyway, I was watching it the other day and DH came in later. When he walked in the scene showed 12 grown naked men running through the snow. And it showed everything. There are also a couple scenes with the 11 year old heroine of the movie skinny dipping. I tried to see if the movie has a rating but couldn't find anything. The scene might have been edited out in the US version. Would you let your kids watch this movie?
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I don't know. I'd let my kids watch Schindler's List, and they show nudity, but it was about the holocaust. I don't know if we'd all sit around and watch a movie with naked men unless it was like a documentary. I just don't think it's necessary. If it came up in a movie we hadn't seen before though, I wouldn't be appalled and turn it off, unless it was actual sex, or really prolonged nudity.
  3. ahimsa
    ahimsa
    I was actually offended at the amount of violence in the Golden Compass. My daughter has a harder time understanding that. But nudity she is totally cool with lol. The nudity doesn't bother me unless it is sexual. I have a bigger problem with senseless violence.
    It's Halloween so.... you know, BOO!
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    i probably wouldnt honestly shes a girl and it may raise some questions that dont need to be brought up yet
    "I believe that everything happens for a reason.People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so that eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together"-Marilyn Monroe
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Nudity doesnt bother me whatsoever.
    i wouldnt let my children watch sex unless they were of appropriate age...
    but nudity isnt a big deal to me.
    we are ALL naked under our clothes.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by vivalacrap View Post
    I was actually offended at the amount of violence in the Golden Compass. My daughter has a harder time understanding that. But nudity she is totally cool with lol. The nudity doesn't bother me unless it is sexual. I have a bigger problem with senseless violence.
    I pretty much agree. I watch a lot of British and European films they tend to have random nude scenes (aka non sexual nudity) So depending on what the film was about I might not care. I know British comedies that depict nude scenes are a LOT different then American movies. For example take Saving Grace (or Calender Girls) VS American Pie (or Super Bad) both have nudity but it is a completely different class of film. The two British ones I might have on while Darian is playing and not watching but if he happened to see the movie no big deal. No way could he watch American pie (or Super Bad).

Although we do like science fiction/fantasy films such as Star Wars, (in our home it is Star whores because Darian mispronounces Wars), Lord of The Rings, Peter Potter (thats what Darian calls him LOL), Narnia, etc.

So I guess to us nudity is not in and of itself automatically a bad thing. I like my kids to know that their body and a females body are not shameful. That they are also not taboo. That the human body has a purpose and it is a beautiful thing. Being comfortable in your skin is a very important lesson for a kid to learn just as being comfortable with who you are on the inside is.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Green~Mammy View Post
    I pretty much agree. I watch a lot of British and European films they tend to have random nude scenes (aka non sexual nudity) So depending on what the film was about I might not care. I know British comedies that depict nude scenes are a LOT different then American movies. For example take Saving Grace (or Calender Girls) VS American Pie (or Super Bad) both have nudity but it is a completely different class of film. The two British ones I might have on while Darian is playing and not watching but if he happened to see the movie no big deal. No way could he watch American pie (or Super Bad).

Although we do like science fiction/fantasy films such as Star Wars, (in our home it is Star whores because Darian mispronounces Wars), Lord of The Rings, Peter Potter (thats what Darian calls him LOL), Narnia, etc.

So I guess to us nudity is not in and of itself automatically a bad thing. I like my kids to know that their body and a females body are not shameful. That they are also not taboo. That the human body has a purpose and it is a beautiful thing. Being comfortable in your skin is a very important lesson for a kid to learn just as being comfortable with who you are on the inside is.
    exactly what i wanted to say
  8. X
    X
    Quote Originally Posted by Green~Mammy View Post

9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    hmm, i'm not sure. honestly, i personally don't have a problem w/ nudity. i think my son, who is 8, would be embarrassed. it is nothing i taught him, he is just at that age. i wouldn't watch anything that made him uncomfortable.

i also watch any move that is PG-13 before he can watch it. rated R is a no-no!
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    My children still watch Noggin and Disney Movies so this at the moment is a non issue for us
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast