Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Miscarriage survivors and early pregnancy loss

1. >.< *face palm* >.<
    >.< *face palm* >.<

Question Miscarriage survivors and early pregnancy loss

Advertisements
    How do you feel about telling people about your pregnancy in the early stages (1st trimester to early 2nd trimester)? Do you think that people are too forthcoming with their news, or is the information a blessing? Now that we can test so early, a pregnancy that we might not have known we lost is easier to detect.

Please discuss, I am curious as to what peoples views are on this.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    good question!
    i have told people right away about my pregnancies.
    however, i have never suffered a miscarriage.
    my mom always told me though not to buy anything for the baby until i was at least 12 weeks preggo.
    she did have a miscarriage.
    i guess i am pretty neutral on the subject
    for once!!! i'm sure some of you are saying!
  3. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

I have never really experienced a miscarriage, but me and DH put our fut in it once. DH's best friend's wife was preggo and we found out thru his brother and mom, well we rang them to see why they didn't let us know and DH's best friend was like "Trace lost the baby last week", we felt horrible. She has a lot of trouble carring, I am fortunate that I really don't have trouble (touch wood), but I wouldn't think it was easy.

4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by estacia View Post
    good question!
    my mom always told me though not to buy anything for the baby until i was at least 12 weeks preggo.
    When I was pregnant, my mom told me not to buy anything until after the 5 months. It was really hard not to go out and do crazy shopping for the baby but I realize that anything can happen even after the 3rd month.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I have never experienced a miscarriage but a friend of mine did. After years of not seeing each other, we caught up when I visited her in Switzerland and that's when she told me about her miscarriage. She told me she lost the baby(2months pregnant) a week after she got married and told me that she was glad that she had not told anyone about it. When she got pregnant again, she waited to tell everyone until she was pass the 3rd month mark because she did not want to take chances. I know it was very hard on her when she lost the baby and I don't think she told everyone about it except to close family and friends.
  6. >.< *face palm* >.<
    >.< *face palm* >.<

I didnt tell anyone when I was pregnant, and I'm glad I didn't. I don't think I could have dealt with the questions after I lost the baby.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *Valarie* View Post
    I didnt tell anyone when I was pregnant, and I'm glad I didn't. I don't think I could have dealt with the questions after I lost the baby.
    . My co workers knew and were awesome. I couldn't hid it.
    I had a small but great support system
    I am sorry you had to go through that.
    Finding more and more truth to the words written in red.-B&D

Goodness speaks in a whisper, evil shouts.
    Tibetan proverb

The greater love is a mother's; then comes a dog's; then a sweetheart's.
    Polish Proverb
  8. Missing My Husband
    Missing My Husband
    I have had two misscarriages and we told everyone right away pretty much, but when I got pregnant a third time we dicided to wait some to tell anyone we waited a least a couple of months but if someone asked if I was pregnant we told them we were, but we had also heard the heartbeat and everything already. I was at least 8-10 weeks before we said anything the third pregnancy. our next pregnancy I will wait to tell anyone as long as I can besides my husband just to make sure everything is ok.
  9. Senior Member
    I had a miscarriage almost 4 years ago, but when I found out I was pregnant with ds immediately. Then I had really nervous that I was going to jinx the pregnancy by telling people that I was.
  10. Regular Member
    I didn't tell anyone until I was into my second trimester. I think it's fine if people want to tell everyone the day they find out, but it's going to be that much harder to deal with if you miscarry. No one knew I was pregnant when I miscarried, not even DH. He was underway and I was waiting for him to get back to tell him.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast