Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cookie Cutter

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Cookie Cutter

Advertisements
    Do you feel that we are trying to cookie cutter are lives and children?

Case in point, our children are to be a certian way because that is the national average.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  2. Cheeseburger in Paradise
    Cheeseburger in Paradise
    Blog Entries
    Yes, it's the way society is unfortunately.
  3. Lifes hard... get a helmet.
    Lifes hard... get a helmet.
    unfortunately I do feel that this is the way many people think
    Please Remember to follow OPSEC!!!

Life is hard.... Wear a helmet
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I feel like there's more pressure to be above average than to fit than mold.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I am not cookie cutter and my kids sure aren't LOL. Society as a whole yes there is a pressure to fit in. Have certain material goods, be a certain religion, have a certain job, your kids need to do certain activities, you have to dress a certain way, etc. Its all a crock in my opinion. Along with being very divisive.

What ever you do don't go out and dance naked in the rain LOL (in your own back yard and no I am not dancing naked in the rain although I know a woman that does). Don't let your kid wear shorts, rain boots, and a winter hat in public, make them conform to the norm. It's sad it squashes their individual spirit. Also the win at all cost attitude. Then they wonder why everyone all of a sudden is cheating when it has been hammered into their heads that you MUST win.

Sorry for my rant this is a subject close to my heart.
  6. allahu alam
    allahu alam
    i don't think so at all.

7. martiemullet
    that makes me think of Andy Warhol's quote, "The more you look at the exact same thing, the more the meaning goes away, and the better and emptier you feel."

i think its only human nature to expect people to fit into a certain "average" mold, because it's easier that way. your brain can fit things into a paradigm you're familiar with, and it takes less effort.
  8. FLORIDIAN
    FLORIDIAN
    I think in some cases people conform, and some people try very hard to be different and/or extreme. I think our country is a mix of everything, in every sense.

Have you ever thought about what protects our hearts? / Just a cage of rib bones and other various parts /
    So it's fairly simple to cut right through the mess / And stop the muscle that makes us confess / And we are so fragile /
    And our cracking bones make noise / And we are just breakable, breakable, breakable girls and boys.

9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    The reason why I ask is we did the preschool screening and they said the "normal kid" does this and this and this. It got me agrevated because people are so worried about "keeping up with the jones" they don't care about being an individual.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  10. FLORIDIAN
    FLORIDIAN
    Were the speaking about development?

Have you ever thought about what protects our hearts? / Just a cage of rib bones and other various parts /
    So it's fairly simple to cut right through the mess / And stop the muscle that makes us confess / And we are so fragile /
    And our cracking bones make noise / And we are just breakable, breakable, breakable girls and boys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast