Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Navy wife charged in baby's death(update)

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Advertisements
    I would feel so bad if I was her neighbor...I mean...I would never think that someone was capable of harming their children and you hear bumps, thumps and yelling or crying occasionally so maybe you would'nt know what was going on. No one really knows when its the right time to intrude...god this is just sad...
  2. Breezy
    There are some very iffy situations to this story
    But I agree with Becca she doesn't deserve to live she needs the death penalty
  3. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

just read that komo article. It made me cry. I certainly hope she doesn't get off on insanity. After she did it if she was truely "insane" she would have told someone, not hide it and went to thanksgiving dinner and lie about where the baby was. This makes me so sick.
  4. Jordawn
    Gave me chills reading the whole thing.. On another forum I went too a lady come on and was asking if we thought it was due to stress as a navy spouse. I was like are you serious ! No way ! To do that takes alot more than just the stress of the military, takes something wrong in your head ! Disgusting... :0(
  5. cari_mccord
    there's no excuse for that. There's just way too many resources available living on base. If she was depressed, she wouldn't have went over to her neighbors house to enjoy thanksgiving. She didn't neglect feeding herself, obviously if you watched the video. I'm sure those neighbors would have helped her with the baby if she told them she was too depressed. Navy wives understand how it is, she knows no other mother would have judged or looked down on her for asking for help! There's just no excuse.
    One of the most disgusting parts of it is the dad. If what that report said is true, what the HELL is wrong with that man? If I killed our child I would hope Will would strangle me on the spot because that's what i would deserve!
  6. MaB
    But is that a statement from him or from the court documents. From what I have heard he hasnt released a statement to the press or talked to anyone in the press about it. That he is a wreck and is under 24 hour watch. That there is no way they had sex and she is sprouting off more lies.

Quote Originally Posted by amy24cali
    this is an excerpt from the kitsap sun about the father and what he actually knew..it clears up some things but i still think she lied to him and he didn't know the body was there at first...

When Michael returned home, police reports said Rhoades told him of Brenda's death, but that he had to return to duty, and she wasn't able to "explain everything."

When her husband again returned home, she explained the situation, after which they went to McDonald's, came home, "were intimate with each other," and "looked at the computer for while," before going to bed at 3 a.m., police reports said.

Her husband woke up late for work Monday, but when he left, he told her he was going to "tell somebody" about what had happened. He reported it to Navy authorities on Monday
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed

stupid bitch! Let her fry! No ifs ands or buts! She is WRONG & there is no excuse for what she did!:mad

Poor precious baby!
  8. Senior Member
    Shoot me now...she doesn't deserve the death penalty...she deserves/needs therapy and medication. I know I'm going against the grain on this, it's my right.

The responses given in this thread show why other women military or civilian don't reach out when they are in this state of depression. Most of the time they don't realize they are that far gone. Her reality was blurred that is why she wasn't even giving the children basic necessities but still didn't want to have her children taken away by CPS. If you haven't lived with it or seen if happen personally you really don't understand from what I gather. Did anyone here see the Oprah show with Brooke Shields? We as military wives know it is depressing when a spouse leaves and it doesn't matter if they leave for 7 days or 7 months it's gets depressing, we all know moving depresses us, having no family around depresses us, put post partum depression with that then add in the stress of every day life and it's a killer drink...literally. Some can't take that, that is there breaking point. If they have no one around who really knows them and knows there normal (non-depressed) behavior then no one notices the difference. Her own husband may not have even realised her depression...they probably hadn't been married long and even if they have been married a couple years he's in the Navy and is on sea duty...hell he isn't home to know her normal behavior catch the slip ups. Not only that but when he is home I'm sure she is on an emotional high and doesn't have as many slip ups. Women everywhere need to stop bashing each other all the damned time for every little mistake. We are our own worst enemies and boy it just makes my skin crawl to think about. Instead of always belittleing your fellow woman...help her out, build her confidence up, don't break her trust and just be a friend.

I will stop now because I'm started to get irritated not at anyone in particular just women in general and I realize most of you have never lived in this state of depression and do not understand the depth of psychosis that is involved.
    Last edited by gotcurls; 12-19-2005 at 02:54 AM.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gotcurls
    Shoot me now...she doesn't deserve the death penalty...she deserves/needs therapy and medication. I know I'm going against the grain on this, it's my right.

The responses given in this thread show why other women military or civilian don't reach out when they are in this state of depression. Most of the time they don't realize they are that far gone. Her reality was blurred that is why she wasn't even giving the children basic necessities but still didn't want to have her children taken away by CPS. If you haven't lived with it or seen if happen personally you really don't understand from what I gather. Did anyone here see the Oprah show with Brooke Shields? We as military wives know it is depressing when a spouse leaves and it doesn't matter if they leave for 7 days or 7 months it's gets depressing, we all know moving depresses us, having no family around depresses us, put post partum depression with that then add in the stress of every day life and it's a killer drink...literally. Some can't take that, that is there breaking point. If they have no one around who really knows them and knows there normal (non-depressed) behavior then no one notices the difference. Her own husband may not have even realised her depression...they probably hadn't been married long and even if they have been married a couple years he's in the Navy and is on sea duty...hell he isn't home to know her normal behavior catch the slip ups. Not only that but when he is home I'm sure she is on an emotional high and doesn't have as many slip ups. Women everywhere need to stop bashing each other all the damned time for every little mistake. We are our own worst enemies and boy it just makes my skin crawl to think about. Instead of always belittleing your fellow woman...help her out, build her confidence up, don't break her trust and just be a friend.

I will stop now because I'm started to get irritated not at anyone in particular just women in general and I realize most of you have never lived in this state of depression and do not understand the depth of psychosis that is involved.
    You make a very good point. Its a complex and sad situation either way you look at it.
  10. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    Why are we operating under the assuption that the woman was depressed? Did I miss that in an article somewhere (seriously, I didn't read the KOMO article)? The baby was a year and a freakin half old, it's not as if she was just delivered. Yes, we all miss our husbands when they're out to sea, but that's no excuse to neglect and kill our children.
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast