Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Navy wife charged in baby's death(update)

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    That is the worst thing I have ever heard of! And not taking her to the hospital because she didn't want them to be taken away from her!!!! OMG!!! They needed to be taken away from her and then maybe this wouldn't have happened. How selfish she is!!!!
  2. RockstarMom
    Okay, I can't stop crying now. HOW can someone do that to such an innocent child!?!? I want to go to WA and beat the fuck out of her!!!!
  3. Independent Beachbody Coach
    Independent Beachbody Coach
    Thats horrible.....
    I know how bad depression can be, but you have to reach out to someone if you feel like that
  4. MaB
    The boat didn't get home until Saturday and he didn't come home until Sunday,so he probably had duty. The way that she has been telling lies to her neighbors and everyone else, she probably told him several as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mamaoftwins+1
    omg thats horriabl and she should rot in jail! this is what i dont get the dad found out on a friday or so and the police were not notified righ away???? wtf he should go to jail too for not reporting it! im sorry but if i was him id be on the phone asap!! but she waitied until monday!!!! that poor poor baby! what a bich i hope she burns in hell
  5. Cheeseburger in Paradise
    Cheeseburger in Paradise
    Blog Entries
    i know depression is a hard thing but it's not a good excuse there's never an excuse for doing that to a child.
  6. I'm too cool for words
    I'm too cool for words
    Quote Originally Posted by amy24cali
    well in the komo link i just posted, she explains why she didn't go to the hospital..god i so hope she doesn't get off with an insanity plea..yes she's fucked up but she needs to pay for this..it is like she has no remorse whatsoever

This makes me so sick to my stomach! I just want to cry, and to think that I live here in JP!! I wish I knew them in some sort of way, because I keep thinking I could have saved that little girl...some how

There is no way they can have her plead insanity. She knew EXACTLY what she was doing and she knew it was WRONG. She was apparently coherent. If she was so depressed and couldn't care for her children, she should have just taken them to the Naval Hospital, and dropped them off. At least her daughter would be alive

I hope she rots in hell!!
  7. I'm too cool for words
    I'm too cool for words
    Quote Originally Posted by MaB
    The boat didn't get home until Saturday and he didn't come home until Sunday,so he probably had duty. The way that she has been telling lies to her neighbors and everyone else, she probably told him several as well.

You know, I am starting to think that too. I mean, how could a father, who has been deployed for 75 days, come home and have his wife tell him that their daughter is dead, and not go ballistic?!?! Personally, I think she got scared, told him that their daughter was at a friend's house, and when he went into the closet the next day, and found the body, he probably lost it, and called the police. I hope that's what happened. I don't think this woman is a very good source of information.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Wow...I don't even know what to say.

I think about my own and cannot even FATHOM doing something like that..

This part of the story REALLY made me want to cry the most:

The mother said she found the little girl against the bedroom door and had to push her out of the way to enter.

Terrible...Just picturing that little girl trying to get to her Mom...

9. Senior Member
    this is an excerpt from the kitsap sun about the father and what he actually knew..it clears up some things but i still think she lied to him and he didn't know the body was there at first...

When Michael returned home, police reports said Rhoades told him of Brenda's death, but that he had to return to duty, and she wasn't able to "explain everything."

When her husband again returned home, she explained the situation, after which they went to McDonald's, came home, "were intimate with each other," and "looked at the computer for while," before going to bed at 3 a.m., police reports said.

Her husband woke up late for work Monday, but when he left, he told her he was going to "tell somebody" about what had happened. He reported it to Navy authorities on Monday
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I have been crying since I heard the first news story. I don't live in JP but when you are close...you feel like "I wish I could have done something". To think of that beautiful baby girl suffering and scared ...OMG I can't stop crying it just kills me...its just so painful to think about. I have to go hug my babies now...OMG this is so so so so sad.......................
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast