Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: i have no title

1. allahu alam
    allahu alam

i have no title

Advertisements
    i can't think of a title short enough.

would you rather have someone tell you the truth and you be offended or have them lie to keep the peace?

i'm not talking re: spousal infidelities, etc. like in a debate, conversation, etc. like the "fat people" debate. granted, nobody was really asked their opinions, but it was a thread and obviously it was going to be discussed. so tell me.

do you prefer the truth no matter what, or "white lies" so as not to offend?
    Last edited by sweetheartjess; 02-12-2008 at 08:47 AM. Reason: ETA: is there no way to edit in a poll?? booooooo

2. Missing My Husband
    Missing My Husband
    I profer the truth no matter, the truth may hurt but lies hurt worse
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I think you can ALWAYS tell the truth if you learn tact. there is a polite way to say almost anything. Yes I'd always rather hear the truth but I would NOT however like to hear it from someone who prides themselves on being "blunt" and just says it. I would rather it be told to me with tact. If that makes any sense..LOL
  4. allahu alam
    allahu alam
    it makes sense berkley. i was kinda thinking the same thing, but there are some things people just can't say with tact. i dunno.

5. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I think that the truth is necessary in some situations...like if I ask...but please don't come up to me and offer your opinion without being asked...but yes if I say does my butt look big in these pants..PLEASE TELL ME
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetheartjess View Post
    it makes sense berkley. i was kinda thinking the same thing, but there are some things people just can't say with tact. i dunno.
    Well that's true too. There are some things that no matter how nice you spruce it up still comes out like a pile of dog crap..ROFL
    I still would rather someone was honest with me. But I dunno I'm trying to think of instances where I'd rather just be lied to and I'm coming up blank but I'm sure they are there.
  7. allahu alam
    allahu alam
    well i can think of one, this was kinda sparked by the Kelis / N-word thread. like, i say that word every once in a while (but never in a derogatory manner). i'm sure there are a few people on here who'd rather not hear that and feel like there's NOT a non-derogatory way to say it, but it's the truth. or the way some people feel about mormons, catholics, muslims, christans, scientologist, wiccans, etc. know what i mean?

8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I guess the truth. I would rather receive a compliment and know it was genuine than wonder, based on the fact I never hear someone tell me that outfit sucks, etc.
  9. Community Leader
    Community Leader
    Blog Entries
    I prefer the truth, however, you have to keep in mind when telling the truth, that is YOUR version of the truth. You know?

10. Cookie Queen
    Cookie Queen
    I'm not sure how to answer. Basically, it takes very little these days to offend someone. I don't know WHY people are becomming so dang sensitive about every.little.thing. but they are. Because there is no way of knowing what might offend, you might as well tell the truth, despite what it might do to their feelings. Granted you can tell the truth without being downright nasty about it, but I think generally, people deserve honesty.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast