Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: a topic that always seems to come up in debate

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

a topic that always seems to come up in debate

Advertisements
    especially in my Criminal Justice classes. Should Prostitution be legalized?
    This topic always seems to come up in my classes somehow..I've done research on it before and i'm just curious to see how everyone on here feels...

Here's a link to a website that i like that adresses this issue if anyone is interested.
    http://www.idebate.org/debatabase/to...php?topicID=25

Everyday you spend worrying about tomorrow...you miss living for today...
  2. Senior Member
    um, well, morally...HELL NO...but some girls are going to do it anyways..so I would say(against, my own personal opinion), yes. It COULD be legal so the government could at least regulate it and protect more people from STD's. Plus when would the government turn down another form of tax money???? LOL
    That's just my .02
  3. allahu alam
    allahu alam
    Yes, I think it should be legalized. I've only been on SOS since December and I've seen essentially this thread at least twice.

4. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Yes, it should be legal.
  5. Senior Member
    I say no.

If you are feeling frightened about what comes next, don't be. Embrace the uncertainty. Allow it to lead you places. Be brave as it challenges you to exercise both your heart and your mind as you create your own path towards happiness, don't waste time with regret. Spin wildly into your next action. Enjoy the present, each moment, as it comes; because you'll never get another one quite like it. And if you should ever look up and find yourself lost, simply take a breath and start over. Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart where your hope lives. You'll find your way again.

6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    ehhh why not. Maybe if it was legal and governized disease and criminal activity would go down.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    i personally say yes. This is obviously something that's not going to go away just because we say no you can't do that and is potentially dangerous to so many people. so i think that is should be legalized. That way it can be regulated and at least somewhat safer,with regards to disease and violence, for the workers and buyers. Of course there will always be people not going along with regulations but i think that if it is regulated most prostitutes will go along with it.

on a lighter side if the government taxes it, they kinda own it, does this make them pimps?

Everyday you spend worrying about tomorrow...you miss living for today...
  8. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by cloren1317 View Post
    i personally say yes. This is obviously something that's not going to go away just because we say no you can't do that and is potentially dangerous to so many people. so i think that is should be legalized. That way it can be regulated and at least somewhat safer,with regards to disease and violence, for the workers and buyers. Of course there will always be people not going along with regulations but i think that if it is regulated most prostitutes will go along with it.

on a lighter side if the government taxes it, they kinda own it, does this make them pimps?
    Our government is already a bunch of pimps...

And I agree.
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I think it should be legalized.
    I see nothing wrong with someone choosing to have sex for money.

I DO however have a problem with pimps. I think if prostitution is legalized and therefor regulated... pimping would be reduced... and any crimes connected to pimps.
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cloren1317 View Post

hahaha.. i suppose it would make them pimps.. but i would prefer them to the pimps on the streets.... ive heard horror stories...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast