Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The First Spouse?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

The First Spouse?

Advertisements
    Do you read about the canidates families, but most importantly their spouses?

I was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy shocked when I read about mccains wife on wikipedia.
    Are you scrappy enough for me
  2. FLORIDIAN
    FLORIDIAN
    Not sooo much. I don't think McCain's wife has anything to do with his foreign policy, thoughts on taxes, etc.

Have you ever thought about what protects our hearts? / Just a cage of rib bones and other various parts /
    So it's fairly simple to cut right through the mess / And stop the muscle that makes us confess / And we are so fragile /
    And our cracking bones make noise / And we are just breakable, breakable, breakable girls and boys.

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Do you know she stole drugs from a medical thing she set up? And was convicted for it? She also had to go to rehab for drug abuse.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennygirl View Post
    Do you know she stole drugs from a medical thing she set up? And was convicted for it? She also had to go to rehab for drug abuse.
    I saw her on an interview recently and she talked breifly about having her addiction. Sounds like she is doing good now though. People do and can make mistakes and move on and live their life normally after.
  5. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    i'm not sure i'd believe everything on wikipedia.
    but i don't bother too much with candidates' families unless it has something to do with their campaign. It's hard to ignore Bill CLinton. And John Edwards brought his wife into his because of his cancer fundraiser. otherwise, i dont really bother.
  6. FLORIDIAN
    FLORIDIAN
    Yes but I don't think that reflect on John McCain as a future president.

Have you ever thought about what protects our hearts? / Just a cage of rib bones and other various parts /
    So it's fairly simple to cut right through the mess / And stop the muscle that makes us confess / And we are so fragile /
    And our cracking bones make noise / And we are just breakable, breakable, breakable girls and boys.

7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    My question for the debate is, do you think that their families play a role? Like someone just mentioned Edwards.
  8. FLORIDIAN
    FLORIDIAN
    My question for the debate is, do you think that their families play a role? Like someone just mentioned Edwards.
    Well, some candidates choose for them to play a role in the race for Presidency. Personally, I think that's distracting, and maybe that's what they intend, I don't know. I think some spouses will play more of a role if they were to be the First Lady or First Gentleman (?) and I think you can sort of tell who would be more involved and who wouldn't. It doesn't worry me too much.

9. Loving Life in Paradise!
    Loving Life in Paradise!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    Well, some candidates choose for them to play a role in the race for Presidency. Personally, I think that's distracting, and maybe that's what they intend, I don't know. I think some spouses will play more of a role if they were to be the First Lady or First Gentleman (?) and I think you can sort of tell who would be more involved and who wouldn't. It doesn't worry me too much.
    ITA

The only times it's ever concerned me were with Kerry's wife. She just didn't seem trustworthy to me, and she seemed like she was playing Kerry's puppet strings. JMO. And Clinton - I don't want a Clinton dynasty, so his role as first spouse definitely gives me something to think about.

Usually though, I don't worry too much about the spouse.
  10. God Bless the USA
    God Bless the USA
    Blog Entries
    Thank you!!! I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    Yes but I don't think that reflect on John McCain as a future president.
    Im sorry but NO. People are people. So many have this fantasy that our President and his/her family need to be white as snow. That is absolutely ridiculous. Cant people EVEN IN leadership roles have difficulties in life?? They are human. What I feel is more important... the LESSONS learned from the difficulties.
    I'm Sara
    'Blessed is the man that maketh the Lord his trust'
    Psalm 40:4
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Joy of the Lord is my Strength
    Dear GOD, I didn't think orange went with purple until I saw the sunset you made on Tuesday. That was cool!

-Eugene
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast