Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

View Poll Results: Do you believe in global warming?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, absolutely

28 48.28%
  • No, not at all

6 10.34%
  • In some ways yes, in some ways no

23 39.66%
  • Other

3 5.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in global warming?

1. Senior Member

Do you believe in global warming?

Advertisements
    Since I am a BIT (biologist in training) everyone I know believes in global warming, so I am curious that if you do not believe in global warming, please tell me why, cause I would like to hear. All throw in a poll just for the hey of it.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    i believe that the earth is going through a normal cycle however we are exacerbating things
  3. Kat
    stand barefooted in my own front yard with a baby on my hip
    stand barefooted in my own front yard with a baby on my hip
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonsdream View Post
    i believe that the earth is going through a normal cycle however we are exacerbating things
    I agree.
  4. Senior Member
    I believe that there is a big element of it that is cyclical which a lot of people don't realize or acknowledge. HOWEVER, since the industrial revolution with the release of all kinds of untold pollutants, we have succeeded in speeding up that cycle, and everyone could stand to be slightly more environmentally conscious. "Warming" did not happen over night, and it's not going to change over night. Especially if people are uneducated and can't agree how to proceed.

We also need in general to have more respect for the rare animal species we still have left... in caring for their habitats, and abiding by rules meant to protect them.

(and I say that as someone who is very interested in African Elephants, AND who lives in a state where Manatees are, both of which are endangered for a variety of reasons beyond a "listing."
  5. Cookie Queen
    Cookie Queen
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonsdream View Post
    I agree with this as well.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by USMCSGTsGirl1239 View Post
    I believe that there is a big element of it that is cyclical which a lot of people don't realize or acknowledge. HOWEVER, since the industrial revolution with the release of all kinds of untold pollutants, we have succeeded in speeding up that cycle, and everyone could stand to be slightly more environmentally conscious. "Warming" did not happen over night, and it's not going to change over night. Especially if people are uneducated and can't agree how to proceed.

We also need in general to have more respect for the rare animal species we still have left... in caring for their habitats, and abiding by rules meant to protect them.

(and I say that as someone who is very interested in African Elephants, AND who lives in a state where Manatees are, both of which are endangered for a variety of reasons beyond a "listing."

Everyday you spend worrying about tomorrow...you miss living for today...
  7. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

I didn't realize that it was something to "believe in". It is a proven fact. Whether or not you think humans are affecting it would be more of a belief. I know that global warming is happening, and I do believe that humans are contributing to it. How could we not be?
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    I didn't realize that it was something to "believe in". It is a proven fact. Whether or not you think humans are affecting it would be more of a belief. I know that global warming is happening, and I do believe that humans are contributing to it. How could we not be?
    haha, I absolutely agree with you, but I know there are people that don't think it exists and I'd like to know why makes them believe that it doesn't.
  9. Loving My Navy Veteran
    Loving My Navy Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by USMCSGTsGirl1239 View Post

Amen to that, I agree.
  10. Proud Seabee wife!
    Proud Seabee wife!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    couldn't of said it better.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast