Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tax Refund...

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

The Tax Refund...

Advertisements
    Do you think that its right that the republicans are trying to block the added senior citizens, disabled vets, etc part to it?

I think it makes me sick. My dad is a DV who has the worst back issues ever and pretty much lives t the va hospital for appointments. So should he be denied things? Does he not spend into the enconomy?

http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/06/news...020619?cnn=yes
    Are you scrappy enough for me
  2. Mombie.
    Mombie.
    I think it is a great thought, but to do it..Include EVERYONE, or it won't work. I don't think that anyone should be denied this. And you are right. Do seniors not support our economy, too? What, Vets don't buy things?

It's stupid.

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    And what kills me is that Bush wants people to spend into the economy but his own party seems to be hindering it.
  4. ahimsa
    ahimsa
    I think they should trash the whole bill. It's really a waste of money we don't have thats not going to solve the problem its designed to solve... but yes I think if they are going to do it they should give it to everyone.
    It's Halloween so.... you know, BOO!
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I honestly don't think they were trying to stop it for just those people. I think there were some things they didn't agree with. They wanted to make sure the money was for legal citizens, not for the coal companies, and other little things. It seemed like there were extras tacked on just to push them through.

Don't know.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vivalacrap View Post
    I think they should trash the whole bill. It's really a waste of money we don't have thats not going to solve the problem its designed to solve... but yes I think if they are going to do it they should give it to everyone.
    I actually agree with you
  7. Mombie.
    Mombie.
    Quote Originally Posted by vivalacrap View Post
    Didn't they try this before? And instead of spending the money people ran out and put it in banks. Ended up killing the economy anyhow?

8. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DakotaCowgirl View Post
    I honestly don't think they were trying to stop it for just those people. I think there were some things they didn't agree with. They wanted to make sure the money was for legal citizens, not for the coal companies, and other little things. It seemed like there were extras tacked on just to push them through.

Don't know.
    That is exactly why they are blocking it. Some are trying to put more into ths than there needs to be. Another example of piggy backing crap trying to make the other side look bad
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen113007 View Post
    Didn't they try this before? And instead of spending the money people ran out and put it in banks. Ended up killing the economy anyhow?
    Pretty sure

I know the bank is where mine will go. Politicians are so stupid.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I would like the money I am sure I can use it to help the economy LOL
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast