8 17.78%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which is more important?

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Which is more important?

Advertisements
    Issue or Personality/character? Wait for poll
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Definately where they stand on the issues..Yes character is important too...but I want to know where they stand!
  3. Navy Wife
    Navy Wife
    Blog Entries
    Issues!!
    Thats what is most important!!!
    Do not take life too seriously, you will never get out of it alive
  4. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

For me, where they stand on the issues. Although I see a lot of people say they won't vote for someone they don't "like".
  5. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries
    I put other, because I feel its a combination of both. A candidate might have the best intentions on issues, but if they don't have the right character and personality, they won't be able to get the support they need from their constituents to get their issues to be heard and get things done.
  6. Cookie Queen
    Cookie Queen
    So if they seem like a nice guy, you would vote for them even if they believed in everything you didn't? (rhetorical generalized question)
  7. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries
    Oh no not at all, the issues and their stance is very important. I wouldn't vote for someone just cuz they seem nice, LOL. But the person I vote for, in addition to me agreeing with their stance on issues, would have to have a good personality and the character that to me would be necessary to run such a diverse country.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Issues.

My dd asked me last night....Who are you going to vote for president Mom? I said I wasn't sure yet. She then says to me "I hope Hillary Clinton doesn't win because I don't like her". I did a double take and asked her what she meant by that. My dd is 12 and she doesn't really know anything about politics at all. I'm pretty sure what has happened is she has heard it from someone else...maybe some kids at school or some friends parents etc.

We then started having a discussion about it and her only reason for not liking Clinton was she "just has a feeling about her that she doesn't like". So my question to her was how can she NOT like somebody that she knows nothing about. The discussion got much further then just that, but my point I guess is that I don't understand the way people just automatically don't like someone when they don't even know what they are about.

I personally haven't made my decision yet because I am still trying to find out which person is best for me to choose going by what issues etc they stand for.
  9. Banned
    Banned
    I don't give a crap what they do in their personal lives, I only care what they are going to do while in office. What difference are they going to make? What rights will they protect/take away?
  10. Senior Member
    Both. I'm not going to not vote for someone on the basis of their personal life alone, but if they come across to me as too much an asshole, or completely backhanded and untrustworthy... then that factors in, even if I agree with their platform. Issues are important, but so is the character in which those issues are conveyed to the world/general public.

That being said, I am a moderate who generally leans one way, but I don't vote based on a party line alone, and if I like what you have to say and you can explain to me how something will work, what you plan to do if it doesn't, and your reasons behind certain issues, you'll win my vote regardless of which group you belong to.

I'm a political geek though, so I enjoy nuances and different elements of the entire package.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast