Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doctors' appointments

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Doctors' appointments

Advertisements
    Ok, my friend's husband has been really tense and depressed lately. She went to call and make an appointment for him, but Tricare said wives are not allowed to make appointments (he's on top secret status, so there's only select medications he can take, etc etc, but I don't think wives can ever make appointments for their AD husbands).

However, he can make appointments for her and make her go.

Also, If she called his supervisors and/or first shirt, THEY can make doctors' appointments for him. (But that involves involving the military in his personal life).

This isn't about her case, it's about the facts that:
    She can't make appointments for her husband.
    He can make (and force her to go to) appointments.
    His supervisors can make appointments in his name.

Is this fair?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

100% NO.

The fact stands, though, that as a military member...the military DOES have the ability to tell them when to go to the doctor. The wife doesn't have a contract in writing(that supercedes the government contract he signed)stating she owns his ass, in far more words.

Fair? No. Legal? Hell yes. There are a LOT of pages to read before signing, and rights to your own healthcare go, same as lots of other things.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta View Post
    100% NO.

The fact stands, though, that as a military member...the military DOES have the ability to tell them when to go to the doctor. The wife doesn't have a contract in writing(that supercedes the government contract he signed)stating she owns his ass, in far more words.

Fair? No. Legal? Hell yes. There are a LOT of pages to read before signing, and rights to your own healthcare go, same as lots of other things.
    I know it's legal, and for the fact that I could potentially be upsetting some billion dollar military endeavors with badly timed appointments, I understand WHY I can't make my husband an appointment (as the wife of an AD member). I just don't think it's fair, lol
  4. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Hmmm....I've never tried making an appt for my husband....LOL!!!!!
  5. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    I've made plenty of appointments for my husband..they've had no issue with it here
  6. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

I don't think it's fair.. but my husband makes all my appointments (I have him do it so he can make them around his schedule to be home with the kids) and I don't mind.
  7. Senior Member
    Definitely not fair.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

No way is that fair!!!
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwijus View Post
    Ok, my friend's husband has been really tense and depressed lately. She went to call and make an appointment for him, but Tricare said wives are not allowed to make appointments (he's on top secret status, so there's only select medications he can take, etc etc, but I don't think wives can ever make appointments for their AD husbands).

However, he can make appointments for her and make her go.

Also, If she called his supervisors and/or first shirt, THEY can make doctors' appointments for him. (But that involves involving the military in his personal life).

This isn't about her case, it's about the facts that:
    She can't make appointments for her husband.
    He can make (and force her to go to) appointments.
    His supervisors can make appointments in his name.

Is this fair?
    I've made apt for my DH when he was sick. This might be somthing totally different because it is depression. Plus, if he is PRP and top security that makes a difference. There are procedures that must be taken to make sure that he isn't using it as a copout.

Is it fair, yes and no. Yes because he is in the military and the military owns him. His supervisors are his boss and have the legal right to do that for his safety and the safety of others.

No because that takes away his personal freedom.

Catch 22.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  10. ahimsa
    ahimsa
    You know that if you want your tubes tied you have to have your husbands permission, too? But if HE wants a vasectomy he can do it without you knowing!!!
    It's Halloween so.... you know, BOO!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast