Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you settle?

1. Joy
    Banned
    Banned

Question Do you settle?

Advertisements
    I would like to be a flower which blooms to full glory and dies, than being a tree that never blossoms.

I would like to be a spark that burns with a brilliant blaze for a moment, than being a light which cannot show path to anyone.

I would like to be a superb meteor which carries a magnificent glow, than being a sleepy and permanent planet.

I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.

I am born to Live. Not to Exist.
    Do you think these statements describe you? In what ways?

Or are you content to just exist? What does that mean to you?
  2. God Bless the USA
    God Bless the USA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Do you think these statements describe you? In what ways?

Or are you content to just exist? What does that mean to you?
    I HOPE they describe me. I want to LIVE.
    I'm Sara
    'Blessed is the man that maketh the Lord his trust'
    Psalm 40:4
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Joy of the Lord is my Strength
    Dear GOD, I didn't think orange went with purple until I saw the sunset you made on Tuesday. That was cool!

-Eugene
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, when I read that...then yes, I agree with the first entire part of the quote!
    At the bottom, though, "I am born to live, not to exist"...
    To me, that means living for now and not caring if you are forgotten once you are gone.
    I would prefer my friends/family remember me and that I make a difference somehow in this world...
    However, I won't know when I'm gone so I'd rather live for the moment!
  4. Joy
    Banned
    Banned
    I will always strive to do more than exist...enough has never been enough for me.

I want to be more than a memory, the mom behind the stove, cleaning, driving them to practice....I want to be a part of life, not just living in a routine of life. My friends, my family, my children and my husband always come first. I love deeply, laugh freely, smile easily, fight fiercly, but no matter what I do, it's living life to the fullest and with the people I love because there is one thing I know, something that I feel confidence in because I will always want more......we may not always have it all together, but together we damn sure have it all...

THAT is what that quote makes me feel..
  5. Senior Member
    Wow. What a great post! Joy, I've been thinking about this same concept a lot lately. I tend towards philosophical pondering by nature. Any way, I see my DB, who's out at sea, challenged by his job, making a difference, having experiences that are not routine and not boring. He really lives to the fullest.

Me, I feel like an anchor. I ground him, I ground my kids, and I add stability to my boss at work because I'm predicatably reliable.

However, even knowing I shine a quiet light to lead my boyfriend home, somewhere inside me, I desire to burn brighter, shine and not just glow dimly.

I can't figure out what dreams I have left in me to fulfill. But once I am aware I hope to throw myself into the chance to live to the fuller. I just don't know how to be more than I am. I feel somewhat held back presently.
  6. Joy
    Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by phantomfg View Post

I can't figure out what dreams I have left in me to fulfill. But once I am aware I hope to throw myself into the chance to live to the fuller. I just don't know how to be more than I am. I feel somewhat held back presently.

I think we have all felt this way. To me, taking the first step is important. Everyday is another opportunity to be more than you were yesterday. To me it's not just fulfilling or dreams and goals but to also better ourselves daily.

Another quote that helps me through those days

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    i want to live and leave my mark on the world
  8. Joy
    Banned
    Banned

Thumb Down

80 views...

Amazing that so few people respond.

Kinda feels like unless it's about , it's not worth a response these days. Just my opinion of course.

9. Senior Member
    I am fine with just existing. I'm not really here looking for something greater than my daily happiness and I am certainly not trying to leave my mark on planet earth

I don't know how to describe what I want to say where it will look all well put.

I know in my early 20's I had more of a flame........it's been getting much smaller, the closer I get to 40
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    That's a great quote. I feel the same way about life. I don't want to just make it from one day to the next doing the bare minimum. I want to look back and know I made a difference in people's lives and lived everyday like it was my last.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast