Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Would it make me a hypocritical bitch...

1. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries

Question Would it make me a hypocritical bitch...

Advertisements
    EDITED TO SAY
    **VULGAR CONTENT INCLUDED:BULLETIN DESCRIBING A PARTIAL BIRTH ABORTION**

Would I be a hypocritical bitch to change my views on abortion from pro-chioce to pro-life, even though I had an abortion last year?
    I had the abortion due to medical problems. It was devastating for me, but made me realize that being pro-choice was important (then.)
    Now, I just read this bulletin on myspace.
    " In September 1993, Brenda Pratt Shafer, a registered nurse with thirteen years of experience, was assigned by her nursing agency to an abortion clinic. Since Nurse Shafer considered herself "very pro-choice," she didn't think this assignment would be a problem. She was wrong. This is what Nurse Shafer saw:

"I stood at the doctor's side and watched him perform a partial-birth abortion on a woman who was six months pregnant. The baby's heartbeat was clearly visible on the ultrasound screen. The doctor delivered the baby's body and arms, everything but his little head. The baby's body was moving. His little fingers were clasping together. He was kicking his feet. The doctor took a pair of scissors and inserted them into the back of the baby's head, and the baby's arms jerked out in a flinch, a startle reaction, like a baby does when he thinks that he might fall. Then the doctor opened the scissors up. Then he stuck the high-powered suction tube into the hole and sucked the baby's brains out. Now the baby was completely limp. I never went back to the clinic. But I am still haunted by the face of that little boy. It was the most perfect, angelic face I have ever seen."

But what about if the baby had been aborted at a younger age.. say 6 weeks? When the baby is this young, doctors use the Saline Method, where they inject a salty saline solution into the mother's womb. You would think it would just poison the baby, but it actually burns it to death. Even though the baby is so young, on ultrasounds of the abortion, the fetus is seen pulling away from the poison as it is injected.. obviously wanting to stay alive.(The baby is intelligent enough to move away from the pain..but the child can't escape it)

Think about that before you say that unborn children can't feel pain.

PASS THIS ON IF YOU BELIEVE ABORTION IS WRONG.

Life is life, no matter how small.
    A baby cries for it's first and last time when it's aborted
    You can deny but its true.

A baby is a living thing. thats like killing one of your friends!!!

ITS A BABY, NOT A CHOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Repost this with the title It's a Baby not a choice"

Although I already knew all of that, I think being pregnant made me think of it in a hell of a different way when I read it again.
    So, would I be a hypocrite for changing my views now that I'm having a baby and feel differently???

Discuss.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    i just got sick reading that
  3. Senior Member
    Well, I don't trust half the shit that goes through myspace, I suppose you just have to use better judgment on what you think it real or not.

I don't think I can comment on the rest.
  4. Senior Member
    oh i think im going to vomit

5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I don't think it makes you a hypocrite for having a change of heart. Hypocracy would be saying one thing and doing another.
    I have changed my views on many things or at least have tempered the views a bit, after experience and exposure to other things. That is a part of maturing, In my opinion.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    i think its just fine for you to change your views.
    its very sad reading that
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonsdream View Post
    i just got sick reading that
    OMG I'm so freaking sorry...I was concentrating on getting an answer to my question rather than how some people might feel reading that.
    I put a disclaimer at the top.
    I'm so sorry!
  8. Loving Life in Paradise!
    Loving Life in Paradise!
    Blog Entries
    I don't think it makes you a hypocritical bitch. I think it means your are still growing as a person with these new experiences, and your views are changing accordingly.
    Last edited by Kristen; 02-04-2008 at 09:11 PM. Reason: typo
  9. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    i think i'm going to vomit.....
  10. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by silent_earth View Post
    Well, I don't trust half the shit that goes through myspace, I suppose you just have to use better judgment on what you think it real or not.

I don't think I can comment on the rest.
    JUST CURIOUS...May I ask why you feel you can't comment?
    I didn't mean to provoke anybody or make anybody mad. I was honestly wondering if anybody thought it would make me hypocritical to change my views after having gone through the things I listed.
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast