Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaccines

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Vaccines

Advertisements
    I dont want to turn the other thread into a debate, but I still wanna know...

Have you/Will you vaccinate your children? Why/Why not?

I saw on Eli Stone the other day that the little boy became autistic because of his vaccine.

BUT...

At my college they would NOT let me sign up for classes because I wasn't vaccinated from Hep A (supposed to be an optional vaccine), and because my antibodies for measles are absent even though I HAVE been vaccinated.

Schools in general dont let un-vaccinated kids go, so whats your plan?

2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    this will turn into a debate anyway -- just FYI

I vaccinate on schedule because there is no SOLID proof that vaccines cause autism or any other ailment. As (I think Kelsey?) says "correlation does not prove causation"

The risks of NOT vaccinating (which are negligible anyway) outweigh the risks OF vaccinating, IMO.

My kids are fully vaxed and will remain so.

(btw, your kids can go to MOST schools not vaccinated, you just have to have a waiver)
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Devinn View Post
    this will turn into a debate anyway -- just FYI

I vaccinate on schedule because there is no SOLID proof that vaccines cause autism or any other ailment. As (I think Kelsey?) says "correlation does not prove causation"

The risks of NOT vaccinating (which are negligible anyway) outweigh the risks OF vaccinating, IMO.

My kids are fully vaxed and will remain so.

(btw, your kids can go to MOST schools not vaccinated, you just have to have a waiver)
    Oh. They must have changed it since I was a kid. I got kicked out of 7th grade cos I didnt have hep b, and they would not accept a waiver.

I dont mind it turning into a debate, I just didnt want the thread in the news section to turn to a debate, so i decided to post a new thread

4. Give me my coffee and no one gets hurt
    Give me my coffee and no one gets hurt
    i vaccinate my kids according to the schedule recommended by their pediatrician. i agree with devinn regarding the autism/vaccination issue. there is no proof that the mercury in vaccines causes autism.

for me, i think that i would be irresponsible to not vaccinate my children. it's a preventative measure. i put my kids in carseats to try to keep them safe in case we are ever in an accident...to me vaccination is along the same line, i'm vaccinating them to try to keep them safe in case they ever come in contact with serious illnesses.

the above paragraph was only in reference to ME. the last time this debate came up i pissed off a few people who don't vaccinate. i understand other people have valid reasons NOT to vaccinate so i'm only voicing what i feel i should do.
  5. The one your mama warned you about
    The one your mama warned you about
    I vaccinate my son. There is a huge homeschooling population where I live who do not vaccinate, and they had an outbreak a few years ago, when one kid went on a mission trip and brought home a disease (I don't remember which one) and spread it to the other homeschoolers and church kids.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    we delay/selectively vax
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonsdream View Post
    we delay/selectively vax
    may I ask why?

No one is guaranteed happiness. You can pursue it, but if you happen to find success along the way on that road to happiness, Conservatives believe you should not be demonized or penalized for it.
    Glenn Beck
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    We delay vax. So far Kaia has had no vax's at all, and Wade received up to his 9 month and then we stopped after we did a lot of research. To me, the risks outweigh the benefits. I don't know when we'll vax them fully and they'll never get all the vax's.
    Aubrey

RIP Jeremy 3/17/78 - 1/16/09
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by inmansgirl06 View Post
    may I ask why?
    after having done my research i have found that i would rather wait until my daughter's immune system is strong enough to handle all the vaxes. also dd won't be in daycare for awhile so i feel safer in not giving her the vaxes. i also think that some of the vaccines such as the chickenpox vax aren't really necessary being as it is a normal childhood illness. my husband was also extremely sickly as a child and had problems with being sick a lot for months at a time so i would rather wait until she is fully able to fight off any reactions if possible. she will be vaccinated by time she's in school for the vaxes we choose to give her

ETA: thank you for asking respectfully
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aubrey View Post
    We delay vax. So far Kaia has had no vax's at all, and Wade received up to his 9 month and then we stopped after we did a lot of research. To me, the risks outweigh the benefits. I don't know when we'll vax them fully and they'll never get all the vax's.
    how does getting vax that prevents measles, hep, ect out weigh the child actually getting the disease?

No one is guaranteed happiness. You can pursue it, but if you happen to find success along the way on that road to happiness, Conservatives believe you should not be demonized or penalized for it.
    Glenn Beck
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast