Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: I'm just curious...smoking Moms.

  1. Senior Member
    KimberlyG's Avatar
    KimberlyG is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,579
    #1

    Question I'm just curious...smoking Moms.

    Advertisements
    I'm sticking this in the debate forum because I DON'T know how it will turn out, but it CAN be moved.

    If you guys quit smoking while you were pregnant, for nine months, why start smoking again IF you don't like smoking?

    I just heard on the news that smoking is a HARD, if not the HARDEST habbit to break. SO, if that's true, how come so many women have the power to quit while pregnant, but then start smoking again right after their baby's born?!
  2. It took awhile to see the beauty of just letting go
    tifflovezyou's Avatar
    tifflovezyou is offline
    It took awhile to see the beauty of just letting go
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Im in Clearwater Beach, FL.
    Posts
    9,069
    #2
    Im going to be honest.. When I was pregnant I didn't quit. I did cut way down. I was only 19 and I didn't know then what I know now. I would definitely quit if I decided to have another baby.

    We're from the country.. And we like it that way
  3. Account Closed
    Brandi's Avatar
    Brandi is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    39,743
    Blog Entries
    1
    #3
    I didn't and I'm sooooo glad I didn't! I LOVED smoking when I was a smoker, but I felt like I was seriously held back in life b/c of it (having to constantly go outside, wash hands, spray perfume, it's all I could think about when I couldn't have one, etc) so I am so glad to be free from that! My kids were the best motivation to stop and I guess I just figured there was no point in starting against since the addiction was obviously gone.
  4. Senior Member
    KimberlyG's Avatar
    KimberlyG is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,579
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by tifflovezyou View Post
    Im going to be honest.. When I was pregnant I didn't quit. I did cut way down. I was only 19 and I didn't know then what I know now. I would definitely quit if I decided to have another baby.
    Thanks for being honest. Do you think A LOT of mom's say they quit, but really just slack off?!
  5. Wah Its called life idiot
    Chevy_Gurl's Avatar
    Chevy_Gurl is offline
    Wah Its called life idiot
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Where Muddin' is Every Day
    Posts
    31,240
    #5
    I started back up after Anya because I was young and stupid.
    Started back up after Schyular was born because I spent almost every waking moment in the court room and was stressed beyond words.
    Started back up after Timmy because I was in a shitty marriage, stressed, alone, it was my only avenue of letting stress out.

    I really wish I had the will power though to quit for good after having Anya though.



  6. Senior Member
    KimberlyG's Avatar
    KimberlyG is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,579
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
    I didn't and I'm sooooo glad I didn't! I LOVED smoking when I was a smoker, but I felt like I was seriously held back in life b/c of it (having to constantly go outside, wash hands, spray perfume, it's all I could think about when I couldn't have one, etc) so I am so glad to be free from that! My kids were the best motivation to stop and I guess I just figured there was no point in starting against since the addiction was obviously gone.

    That's what I was thinking too Brandi. If you quit for nine months, the addiction SHOULD be gone, so why start again?
  7. Wah Its called life idiot
    Chevy_Gurl's Avatar
    Chevy_Gurl is offline
    Wah Its called life idiot
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Where Muddin' is Every Day
    Posts
    31,240
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
    I didn't and I'm sooooo glad I didn't! I LOVED smoking when I was a smoker, but I felt like I was seriously held back in life b/c of it (having to constantly go outside, wash hands, spray perfume, it's all I could think about when I couldn't have one, etc) so I am so glad to be free from that! My kids were the best motivation to stop and I guess I just figured there was no point in starting against since the addiction was obviously gone.
    You nailed it. It takes sooo much time to just have a smoke when you have kids.

    I'm so glad to be smoke free for 3 years now.



  8. Senior Member
    KimberlyG's Avatar
    KimberlyG is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,579
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy_Gurl View Post
    I started back up after Anya because I was young and stupid.
    Started back up after Schyular was born because I spent almost every waking moment in the court room and was stressed beyond words.
    Started back up after Timmy because I was in a shitty marriage, stressed, alone, it was my only avenue of letting stress out.

    I really wish I had the will power though to quit for good after having Anya though.
    WOW. I'm sorry but I'm ignorant to smoking because I've bever smoked, but does smoking really relieve that much stress? Is it kind of like having a beer, or a glass of wine?
  9. Senior Member
    KimberlyG's Avatar
    KimberlyG is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,579
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy_Gurl View Post
    You nailed it. It takes sooo much time to just have a smoke when you have kids.

    I'm so glad to be smoke free for 3 years now.
    WOW, so what made you finally decide to quit after three years, if you don't mind me asking? That's AMAZING!
  10. It took awhile to see the beauty of just letting go
    tifflovezyou's Avatar
    tifflovezyou is offline
    It took awhile to see the beauty of just letting go
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Im in Clearwater Beach, FL.
    Posts
    9,069
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by KimberlyG View Post
    Thanks for being honest. Do you think A LOT of mom's say they quit, but really just slack off?!
    Well, i'll be honest again.. I didn't let ANYONE know I smoked still. I only smoked when I was home, and I never did it when I had company. I did in the beginning, but people looked at me like I was slugging whiskey and snorting lines. So, I decided to cut down, and *try* to quit. It was a very stressful time of my life, and my situation wasn't perfect. (We lived with my in-laws, who were totally nutts ) I actually wheeled myself out of the delivery room right after the epi wore off so I could smoke.

    I hate the fact that I smoked when I was pregnant. I regret it, and I wouldn't do it again, I know that.

    I do wanna say my daughter was born in PERFECT health with a perfect apgar score, and no complications, AT ALL!

    We're from the country.. And we like it that way
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •