Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Government spin

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Government spin

Advertisements
    The abortion issue got me thinking...

We don't want the government in our "personal" life but when something major happens we gripe that they aren't taking care of it. i.e. natruarl disasters, ect.

When do we as a person take responsiblity for our actions?

Please make this a nice debate.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    you know I've always wanted ot know that. The same people who expect the government to have little to NOTHING to do with our own persons are the same one who when something happens cry that the government didn't do anything.
  3. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

There is a difference between being involved in our PERSONAL lives, and taking care of a LARGE group of people when disaster strikes...
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    i think there should be a medium....help a little, we help ourselves the rest of the way....don't get in our private business unless we are doing something illegal, and we won't demand help??? i just confused myself...

5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    There is a difference between being involved in our PERSONAL lives, and taking care of a LARGE group of people when disaster strikes...
    i agree! yay

6. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    how about the gov't help us help ourselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. Senior Member
    I think that if you live in an areas where natural disasters are more common you should have to pay a tax if you want government assistance if say there's a hurricane or wildfire; if you don't want to pay that tax, you don't get government assistance. I don't think it's fair that they live in areas where the government intervenes more yet they do not pay more for that assistance.
  9. FLORIDIAN
    FLORIDIAN
    Quote Originally Posted by silent_earth View Post
    I think that if you live in an areas where natural disasters are more common you should have to pay a tax if you want government assistance if say there's a hurricane or wildfire; if you don't want to pay that tax, you don't get government assistance. I don't think it's fair that they live in areas where the government intervenes more yet they do not pay more for that assistance.

Well if you think about it, there aren't many places where natural disaster strikes.
    I think you should be prepared for disaster if you live in a place like that. Leave when a hurricane is coming, don't just wait for someone to drag you out. I dunno, I'm a Floridian... my family has an emergency hurricane fund, a generator and food stock, and if it's anywhere near bad we hit the road! We don't wait for disaster to happen, and then complain about it. Take action for yourself!

Have you ever thought about what protects our hearts? / Just a cage of rib bones and other various parts /
    So it's fairly simple to cut right through the mess / And stop the muscle that makes us confess / And we are so fragile /
    And our cracking bones make noise / And we are just breakable, breakable, breakable girls and boys.

10. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by silent_earth View Post
    Seriously? You think the government should go into a disaster, and check tax returns before they help anyone? And if someone didn't pay their taxes then what? They are stranded on their roof to die?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast