Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 44 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Abortion

1. Senior Member

Abortion

Advertisements
    I dont understand people that oppose abortion except for rape and incest:

Either abortion is murder, or it isn't. You can't have it both ways. It is okay to murder in some circumstances, but not in others?

I disagree that it is murder, but I can respect someone that feels that way, IF they feel that way in every instance. If not, then it is just trying to control a woman's use of her body, OR pandering for votes (McCain). It is like saying one of 2 things:
    1. Murder is okay sometimes
    B. Abortion is NOT murder, but the government is going to tell you what to do with your body.

A woman shouldn't have to be victimized to earn control over her body. It seems more like a punishment for a woman having sex more than anything else.

Discuss?
    I worship individuals for their highest possibilities as individuals, and I loathe humanity, for its failures to live up to these possibilities.
  2. Community Leader
    Community Leader
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mpicky View Post
    I dont understand people that oppose abortion except for rape and incest:

Either abortion is murder, or it isn't. You can't have it both ways. It is okay to murder in some circumstances, but not in others?

I disagree that it is murder, but I can respect someone that feels that way, IF they feel that way in every instance. If not, then it is just trying to control a woman's use of her body, OR pandering for votes (McCain). It is like saying one of 2 things:
    1. Murder is okay sometimes
    B. Abortion is NOT murder, but the government is going to tell you what to do with your body.

A woman shouldn't have to be victimized to earn control over her body. It seems more like a punishment for a woman having sex more than anything else.

Discuss?
    I'm pro-choice. I feel like it is a medical procedure, and I believe in God. I don't know, just how I feel. I don't even know why it is a political thing anymore, it is highly unlikely they are going to overturn R v W.
    Though, I wouldn't want my underage daughter to do it without my permission, or at least without my knowledge.

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I don't think abortion is murder but I don't think it should be done as a form of birth control. I see it as medical procedure, but for me personally I don't believe it is the right choice for me unless there is a medical reason behind it.
    I don't think that government should be as involved as they are, I think r v w says it all for me.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    i'm not touching this because of what my opinion is
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm pro choice that's all I'm saying. I'm also not opening up this thread again. teh past 2 times it's been brought up on here people said some really hurtful awful things.
  6. Community Leader
    Community Leader
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonsdream View Post
    i'm not touching this because of what my opinion is

I understand your POV, even if I don't share it.

7. Senior Member
    I should say that I am 100% pro-choice. For what ever reason, I don't care. I don't think anyone should even have to give a reason to justify it.
    I worship individuals for their highest possibilities as individuals, and I loathe humanity, for its failures to live up to these possibilities.
  8. my heart is home!
    my heart is home!
    im 100&#37; pro choice!
  9. God Bless the USA
    God Bless the USA
    Blog Entries
    I have my beliefs on certain things but I will say this...no one knows the heart of another.
    I'm Sara
    'Blessed is the man that maketh the Lord his trust'
    Psalm 40:4
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Joy of the Lord is my Strength
    Dear GOD, I didn't think orange went with purple until I saw the sunset you made on Tuesday. That was cool!

-Eugene
  10. Senior Member
    im pro-life. i dont think the above are reasons for abortion.
    if you dont "want" that precious baby...there's adoption. i dunno thats just my opinion.
Page 1 of 44 123411 ... LastLast