Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: if your 15 yr old son had a crush on ......

1. Senior Member

Question if your 15 yr old son had a crush on ......

Advertisements
    ok here is the situation that me and my DH were debating (i love i can do that with him!) i'll tell you what our opinions are after a few posts please be civil and open minded

say that you have a son who is 15 and has a crush on a 17 year old girl who has had the same job for the last 3 years and an 18 month year old little boy. even though she has a little boy she doesn't leave the "raising " of him to her parents like some teen mothers have. she is responsible ex takes hi mto day care every morning before her school ...take him where she goes and won't go some where (like a friends house) if he can't come etc

would you approve of him dating her ?

ok go at it have fun be nice and i'll give you our two different views in a few posts
    Due March 19 2009 born at 31w6d,54 day NICU stay(home march 11th w/o anything),4 days on vent,40ish days on O2 after that
    Due March 11 2012 born at 35w 1 d, 11 day NICU stay(home Feb 17 with O2 ),27 days on Oxygen
  2. JadedPrincess
    I think it'd be ok....as long as he doesn't get caught up in the fact that she has a kid.

I wouldn't let him go out with her though if him doing anything sexual with her after she turns 18 is going to be an issue with you. It wouldn't be fair to assume he's not going to do anything and it wouldn't be fair to let him get attached and then make him end it.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I would have it start out real casual. Group dates...the movies have her come over to the house and hang out. That sorta thing
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    the only reason i would have an objection to him dating her is because my brother dated a teen mother and he fell more in love with the kid then the mom. he felt like he was the father and i think that got in the way of his ummm point of view i guess.... so i would be cautious...
  5. Senior Member
    I'm gonna say go with it... if she is a nice girl and a responsible mother... and I'm sure having your son around 18 month old baby will be a good dose of what "could" happen.... my mom always told me baby sitting was the best birth control whenever I would get babyitis LOL
  6. who will drive my soul?
    who will drive my soul?
    personally, i would say no unless it was ONLY platonic for the time being. i would say 15 is too young to be dating someone older, especially who has a child (altho she sounds like a great mother). i dunno. i'm kinda old fashioned and i suppose it's a bit naive to think it would be only platonic.
    www.acoan.scentsy.us
    www.andreacoan.blogspot.com
  7. Senior Member
    Personally I wouldn't allow it simply because boys are generally less mature than girls and because she has a kid. Obviously she has been forced to grow up a little bit faster than most 17 year old girls and may not want just a "dating, non intimate relationship" again. I would worry that she'd end up talking my son into something he didn't necessarily want to do (ie sex) and then my kid would end up parenting a child himself. (That being said, I also wouldn't allow my 15 year old daughter to date a 17 year old father.)
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I don't see a problem with that at all.
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Peoples opinions are making me think out side the box...and I liiiike it
  10. Senior Member
    wow i like the points on here some i didn't notice or think of before.

my brother is the one who is thinking about dating the 17 yr old and me and my DH just discussed if "it was our son" kind of conversation.which made me curious what most moms would think.(my mom is fine with it)

i think that my brother who is great with kids might fall for the kids more, him as well as myself and other brother all know alot about the kids my mom had triplets who are now 3...

my stepdad doesn't help at all with the triplets and my mom worked (stepdad didnt work just my mom to support the triplets(3) my brothers(2) me(1) and my stepdad(1) and herself so 8 total) so me and my two other brother basically for the last 3 years have raised the triplets...so mature wise i know my brother is farther than most 15 yr old boys...maybe not as mature as some but more than most.

so with that added what do you think?
    Due March 19 2009 born at 31w6d,54 day NICU stay(home march 11th w/o anything),4 days on vent,40ish days on O2 after that
    Due March 11 2012 born at 35w 1 d, 11 day NICU stay(home Feb 17 with O2 ),27 days on Oxygen
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast