Blog Entries

McCain

Advertisements
    SO tell me about him..
    Would you vote for him? Why?
    Are you thinking hell no.. Why?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I used to really like McCain, mostly because of all the work he did for Veterans.

I don't think he's a bad guy... but there's not much I agree with him on.
  3. Senior Member

His stance on torture is an instant deal breaker for me.
    /* no comment */
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghedi View Post
    as a former (McCain not myself) POW I can not believe he feels it is ok.
  5. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

I liked him a lot more before his nose became permanently wedged in GW's ass.

He seemed to flip on the war, going from criticizing it to praising it, and that bothers me. He is anti things I am pro, and visa versa, so politically we just don't agree. I respect his military background, but that isn't enough for me to vote for him. He isn't my least fav Republican though, I am just kinda "eh" about him. I do have a little bit of love for him because he is my AZ homie, but outside of that I find it harder and harder to agree with him. I think he is an honorable guy though, and his intentions are good.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I'll be honest if anyone has a chance of getting my vote it's McCain for sure
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Green~Mammy View Post
    as a former (McCain not myself) POW I can not believe he feels it is ok.
    I'm actually more INTRIGUED by the fact that he's a former POW who takes that stance on torture.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Devinn View Post
    I'm actually more INTRIGUED by the fact that he's a former POW who takes that stance on torture.
    Yes me to. But my stance on torture is NOT what seems to be the normal..
  9. God Bless the USA
    God Bless the USA
    Blog Entries
    I am a McCain supporter. Below is an excerpt from his announcement speech that truly touched me ( if you will ) this is of course NOT the reason for my vote but just an example of the great man I see before us.
    I support him on his education, military, healthcare, moral ingtegrity issues as well as others. I believe McCain has a wisdom that cannot be surpassed by the other candidates. My opinion. I feel we will have a new outlook and a new excitement within our country if McCain becomes President.

"I don't seek the office out of a sense of entitlement. I owe America more than she has ever owed me. Thirty-four years ago, I came home from an extended absence abroad. While I was away, I fell in love with my country. I learned that what's good for America, is good enough for me. I have been an imperfect servant of my country ever since, in uniform and in office, in war and peace. I have never lived a single day, in good times or in bad, that I haven't thanked God for the privilege.

"You can't sell me on hopelessness. You can't convince me our problems are insurmountable. Our challenges are an opportunity to write another chapter of American greatness. We must seize it, and those of us privileged to lead America must remember the principles that made us great, have the faith to stand by them, the integrity to honor our public trust, and the courage to keep our promise to put the nation's interests before our own. Don't tell me what we can't do. Don't tell me we can't make our country stronger, and the world safer. We can. We must. And when I'm President we will."

Quote Originally Posted by Ghedi View Post
    Ghedi...Would you mind elaborating on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Devinn View Post
    Devinn...
    I agree.
    I'm Sara
    'Blessed is the man that maketh the Lord his trust'
    Psalm 40:4
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Joy of the Lord is my Strength
    Dear GOD, I didn't think orange went with purple until I saw the sunset you made on Tuesday. That was cool!

-Eugene
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sgmwife1 View Post
    I am a McCain supporter. Below is an excerpt from his announcement speech that truly touched me ( if you will ) this is of course NOT the reason for my vote but just an example of the great man I see before us.
    I support him on his education, military, healthcare, moral ingtegrity issues as well as others. I believe McCain has a wisdom that cannot be surpassed by the other candidates. My opinion. I feel we will have a new outlook and a new excitement within our country if McCain becomes President.

"I don't seek the office out of a sense of entitlement. I owe America more than she has ever owed me. Thirty-four years ago, I came home from an extended absence abroad. While I was away, I fell in love with my country. I learned that what's good for America, is good enough for me. I have been an imperfect servant of my country ever since, in uniform and in office, in war and peace. I have never lived a single day, in good times or in bad, that I haven't thanked God for the privilege.

"You can't sell me on hopelessness. You can't convince me our problems are insurmountable. Our challenges are an opportunity to write another chapter of American greatness. We must seize it, and those of us privileged to lead America must remember the principles that made us great, have the faith to stand by them, the integrity to honor our public trust, and the courage to keep our promise to put the nation's interests before our own. Don't tell me what we can't do. Don't tell me we can't make our country stronger, and the world safer. We can. We must. And when I'm President we will."

Ghedi...Would you mind elaborating on this?

Devinn...I agree.
    Thank you!! This was EXACTLY the type of response I was looking for. WHy you wanted him in and examples or exerts of why.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast