Mitt Romney

Advertisements
    SO tell me about him..
    Would you vote for him? Why?
    Are you thinking hell no.. Why?
  2. Loving Life!
    Loving Life!
    Blog Entries
    I watched a couple interviews with him....I think I like him. I have to do more research though. He 'seems' honest. He wants to do well. I like how he cut taxes and raised fees in MA to save the tax payers money.

He said something that stuck with me. He was questioned about changing his position on an issue. He said, 'Would you rather have someone that never changed their mind about issues or someone that changed their mind after learning more about the issue'

My little Loves!
  3. Senior Member

Pretty much all that the media says about him is his religion. Based on only that, though, if Edwards didn't win the nomination, but Romney did, I would seriously consider voting for him... and this is keeping into account the fact that while I lived in Utah, I was seriously discriminated against for not going to LDS churches. (Romney isn't a Utah Mormon.)

He's the one candidate, regardless of party, who I see as being the one most likely to separate religion from politics, based on what he has said and what I know about the LDS religion. Because of the intense persecution that Mormons have gone through as recently as the 1960's, and especially as the religion was forming, it is ingrained into many non-Utah Mormons that the separation of church and state is a good thing, for obvious reasons.

Given some of his other views... well, let's just say that I don't agree with him on the war, or on the economy... which really isn't surprising. He's a good guy, though, from what I can tell.
    /* no comment */
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I think he will do great as president. He will help to make the US better.

I am LDS but that is NOT the reason why im gonna vote for him.

He is honest and truthful and he has passion.
  5. Community Leader
    Community Leader
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghedi View Post
    Pretty much all that the media says about him is his religion. Based on only that, though, if Edwards didn't win the nomination, but Romney did, I would seriously consider voting for him... and this is keeping into account the fact that while I lived in Utah, I was seriously discriminated against for not going to LDS churches. (Romney isn't a Utah Mormon.)

He's the one candidate, regardless of party, who I see as being the one most likely to separate religion from politics, based on what he has said and what I know about the LDS religion. Because of the intense persecution that Mormons have gone through as recently as the 1960's, and especially as the religion was forming, it is ingrained into many non-Utah Mormons that the separation of church and state is a good thing, for obvious reasons.

Given some of his other views... well, let's just say that I don't agree with him on the war, or on the economy... which really isn't surprising. He's a good guy, though, from what I can tell.
    Good info, thanks.

6. Loving Life!
    Loving Life!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghedi View Post

I agree about his separation of Church and State. Here's a quote of Romney's that I just love...

"No candidate should become the spokesman for his faith. For if he becomes president he will need the prayers of the people of all faiths."

My little Loves!
  7. Senior Member
    I like MR, in fact he has my vote right now.
  8. >.< *face palm* >.<
    >.< *face palm* >.<

I think he's sexy. I dont know if I would vote for him... dont know enough about him.
  9. Loving My Navy Veteran
    Loving My Navy Veteran
    Absolutely Not!

1) The pro-choice issue. I will only vote for a candidate who is pro-choice, period.

2) I'm a Democrat (and while I would still vote for a Republican if that person more closely met my needs than the other candidates, my views on things are not usually closesly matched with Republican ideas/agenda, etc).

3) Religion doesn't belong in politics and I personally feel that he would not be able to keep his religous preference out of the political arena.
  10. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

I wouldn't vote for him, but that is because I don't agree with him. I am anti-war, pro-choice, anti-death penalty, pro-stem cell research, and pro-social programs. I can't think of anything I actually agree with him on, although there has to be SOMETHING. I think he is a nice guy though, and out of the Republicans I think I would be the least scared of having him in office.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast