Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Car Stereo Systems

1. Community Leader
    Community Leader
    Blog Entries

Car Stereo Systems

Advertisements
    Please will someone explain why it is even necessary to have a car stereo that you can hear from outside the car? What is the point? I seriously have been wracking my brain, and I cannot figure it out. Can't even come up with one good reason.

2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    If you find the answer to that one let me know.
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Its so they can look cool!! =D Little do they know we think it makes them look stupid =D
  4. Senior Member
    compensating for something...although i have one...but my exdb put it in

5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    i HATE those i DESPISE those! i think they should be illegal. they are not safe when you are driving on the road because i have been in cars like this and you can't hear emergency vehicles coming, etc. not to mention after getting out of a car like that how the hell can you hear?!?! i know i couldn't
  6. Kat
    stand barefooted in my own front yard with a baby on my hip
    stand barefooted in my own front yard with a baby on my hip
    Although I am a COUNTRY fan, I do enjoy base.
    We are far from "stupid", and I dont do it to look cool And we dont do it so that other people can hear it from outside of our car, it just so happens that it is audible outside the car
    I dont have a system in our family car, but when I had my Jetta I had 2 twelves in it. Dh is putting it in his truck now.
  7. allahu alam
    allahu alam
    the "you can't hear an emergency vehicle" is a poor argument bc deaf people cannot hear them either. also, i can't hear them when it's raining, too windy, an 18-wheeler is driving by, etc so..

i have one. the reason i listen to it "so loud" is bc i like the way it sounds INSIDE my car. i've blown a few car speaker systems so it's better to have a high-quality sound system (complete with bass, y'all) than blow through one every few months.

people who do it to be cool are douche bags though.

8. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Although I am a COUNTRY fan, I do enjoy base.
    We are far from "stupid", and I dont do it to look cool And we dont do it so that other people can hear it from outside of our car, it just so happens that it is audible outside the car
    I dont have a system in our family car, but when I had my Jetta I had 2 twelves in it. Dh is putting it in his truck now.

wasn't trying to offend anyone and I am really sorry if i did...i was just speaking about my ex DB...he always acted like it is a competition to have a louder stereo than other people
  9. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneyBug View Post
    Please will someone explain why it is even necessary to have a car stereo that you can hear from outside the car? What is the point? I seriously have been wracking my brain, and I cannot figure it out. Can't even come up with one good reason.

I would LOVE to hear a logical answer to this question!!!!!

Or why ONE has a flat screen attached to their TRUNK!!! Like the car BEHIND you REALLY wants to see what the hell you have on!!!
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetheartjess View Post
    the "you can't hear an emergency vehicle" is a poor argument bc deaf people cannot hear them either. also, i can't hear them when it's raining, too windy, an 18-wheeler is driving by, etc so..

i have one. the reason i listen to it "so loud" is bc i like the way it sounds INSIDE my car. i've blown a few car speaker systems so it's better to have a high-quality sound system (complete with bass, y'all) than blow through one every few months.

people who do it to be cool are douche bags though.
    why is it a poor argument. that 18 wheeler going past is a temporary event while your sound system is a permanent fixture in your car.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast