Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does it make you think

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Does it make you think

Advertisements
    or at least give pause on your beliefs that what our government is doing is the right thing when people who have served under this administration (in the armed forces & and other offices) disagree with it?

*All in general no snark intended. I am very curious because I know I am not the only Vet that feels what our government is doing is dangerous, & wrong. I served to protect our freedoms, and now I see people saying I will give my freedoms up if I think it is for the good of all. Saying that torture is ok as long as the ends justify the means. Saying that if you disagree you hate America. Along with other things of that nature.

I did not serve my country in order for it to turn into this. A government that other Nations fear, a government that condones torture, a government that pushes fear like crack. Above all else a government that repeatedly lies to its people. With apparently no repercussions of said actions.
  2. JadedPrincess
    I'm not a vet, but I think on it and it makes me sad.
  3. Joy
    Banned
    Banned
    I think that that individuals behind those actions give me pause. I don't look at the whole of our government as a government that lords it power to cause fear in other countries weaker than itself. The individuals behind the torture are being investigated and/or already being given criminal charges. Investigating charges that you've mentioned takes time, lies, torture, etc. So what instences there are of them, can't all be caught and stopped all at once, and yet the media and many others blow those handful of idiots out to be the whole of the government. Not looking at them as the individuals behind their actions.

I served my country and find peoples ignorance in the bigger picture of things offensive.
  4. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Absolutely it gives me pause. Especially when it is INTEL soldiers that are saying it.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Green~Mammy View Post
    or at least give pause on your beliefs that what our government is doing is the right thing when people who have served under this administration (in the armed forces & and other offices) disagree with it?

*All in general no snark intended. I am very curious because I know I am not the only Vet that feels what our government is doing is dangerous, & wrong. I served to protect our freedoms, and now I see people saying I will give my freedoms up if I think it is for the good of all. Saying that torture is ok as long as the ends justify the means. Saying that if you disagree you hate America. Along with other things of that nature.

I did not serve my country in order for it to turn into this. A government that other Nations fear, a government that condones torture, a government that pushes fear like crack. Above all else a government that repeatedly lies to its people. With apparently no repercussions of said actions.

Nope you aren't the only one that feels that way..I spent a year in iraq, I had to see to many people I know die right in front of me. Something has to change and soon!
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    But at the same time, there are just as many active duty members that DO believe in what they are doing, where they are going and are not just following blindly.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    a government that pushes fear like crack.
    This is the part that infuriates me about our administration. Making people fear everything and then promising safety and protection is dangerous and misleading... it's what Hitler did.
  8. Joy
    Banned
    Banned
    I think alot of people follow blindly, but I also believe alot don't. It's all in perception, and what people believe in, morally believe in, want to believe in, etc. I didn't mean to come off so offensive if I did. I'm not having a good night. But I do believe what I said.
  9. JadedPrincess
    How about if the administration is feeling it put their ass on a ship. Send him home.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I did not say anyone followed anything blindly. Believing in your government is not in and of itself wrong. It is when those that question are painted as the enemy, unpatriotic, disloyal, that I get peeved.

I also do not doubt that there are troops on the ground that are doing everything in their limited power to try and help those that they see in need. That does not change the fact that we were misled into being there in the first place.
    Last edited by Sophie♥Hatter; 01-22-2008 at 02:55 AM. Reason: should of been in not what DURH there not their
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast