Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cast aside your love for the Patriots for a minute

1. Senior Member

Cast aside your love for the Patriots for a minute

Advertisements
    And tell me (a Vikings fan) what you think of Randy Moss, and the current battery allegations against him, and the NFL's refusal to act until after the Super Bowl...

I hate to sound paraniod, but it seems like the NFL doesn't want to bench him..
  2. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Sounds like that to me, too, to be honest.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    Sounds like that to me, too, to be honest.

Maybe I'm a bit pregidous after the whole Mike Vick thing, and Moss is a HECK of a receiver and is surely instrumental in the Patriot's perfect record..

But I'm stubborn when it comes to holding sports figures to a higher standard.. I wonder if he'd be yanked from the starting line up and benched if this was preseason..
  4. Senior Member
    I think Randy Moss is a big piece of I remember when he was with the Vikings (or maybe it was with the Raiders) that he will only play when he wants to play. The fact that the NFL wont do crap until after the Super Bowl just shows what a shady corporation they are and only care about money.

*edit* I am also a native Minnesotan and Vikings fan as well.
  5. I'm Only A Little Crazy
    I'm Only A Little Crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by leftover View Post
    And tell me (a Vikings fan) what you think of Randy Moss, and the current battery allegations against him, and the NFL's refusal to act until after the Super Bowl...

I hate to sound paraniod, but it seems like the NFL doesn't want to bench him..
    I think you're right!
  6. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Maybe I'm a bit pregidous after the whole Mike Vick thing, and Moss is a HECK of a receiver and is surely instrumental in the Patriot's perfect record..

But I'm stubborn when it comes to holding sports figures to a higher standard.. I wonder if he'd be yanked from the starting line up and benched if this was preseason..
    Good question. I think that is entirely possible.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakule View Post
    I think Randy Moss is a big piece of I remember when he was with the Vikings (or maybe it was with the Raiders) that he will only play when he wants to play. The fact that the NFL wont do crap until after the Super Bowl just shows what a shady corporation they are and only care about money.

*edit* I am also a native Minnesotan and Vikings fan as well.
    Do you remember when he ran over that cop in Minneapolis?
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Ok, I'm in the minority. He hasn't been found guilty here. It makes total sense for him to answer the charges when he has six months of free time, vs. the playoffs.

Plus, like ANY corporation, the NFL doesn't have to do a darn thing until he's convicted.
  9. Senior Member
    Do you remember when he ran over that cop in Minneapolis?
    Ha! Oh yeah I remember that. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swymerfoote View Post
    Ok, I'm in the minority. He hasn't been found guilty here. It makes total sense for him to answer the charges when he has six months of free time, vs. the playoffs.

Plus, like ANY corporation, the NFL doesn't have to do a darn thing until he's convicted.
    I totally understand and agree with presumption of innocence. that's a fundamental right..

But... someone under an NFL contract is obligated to a higher esteem of character then you or I.. It says so right in the contract, it's called 'character clauses'. Remember how fast Vick got suspended? They yanked him right off the roster, and barred him from even attending practice before he was convicted..

If I got accused of a crime, I know for sure that I would have to answer IMMEDIATELY to my employer. I couldn't tell them, "Sorry I'm busy for the next 3 weeks, let's talk about this later."

Why is he so special?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast