Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm genuinely curious..

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

I'm genuinely curious..

Advertisements
    I've been reading a lot in the political debates (which strangely enough, only a handful of the SAME people actually participate in)...about how the US should be "setting an example"..and various other statements of the nature...

So I gotta ask...

Setting aside Iraq...

What should we have done about 9/11? I mean INITIALLY...this question has nothing to do with Iraq.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    we shouldn't of scared the shit out of the country into backing up a war. There should of been more truth layed out, such the main reason Iraq is a real concern to us, "Oil". 9/11 was a horrible tradgey, but do you understand what america was doing at time? Anyone can bomb us, we are in danger all the time, just because we are America doesn't change anything, i hate how americas think they are all self-rightious and then things like this happen and suddenly its back to being "strong and proud americas" oh give me a break. The whole idea of "terrorism" i find pretty stupid too, anyone can suddenly be a terrioist but it suddenly turned into race, and religion. 9/11 was used for tactics to go to war, it was used to instill fear in the in the public and i think thats horrible.
  3. allahu alam
    allahu alam
    i have nooooo idea. i am HORRIBLE with politics and don't often participate in those threads.

sooooooooo........

4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenageskye View Post
    we shouldn't of scared the shit out of the country into backing up a war. There should of been more truth layed out, such the main reason Iraq is a real concern to us, "Oil". 9/11 was a horrible tradgey, but do you understand what america was doing at time? Anyone can bomb us, we are in danger all the time, just because we are America doesn't change anything, i hate how americas think they are all self-rightious and then things like this happen and suddenly its back to being "strong and proud americas" oh give me a break. The whole idea of "terrorism" i find pretty stupid too, anyone can suddenly be a terrioist but it suddenly turned into race, and religion. 9/11 was used for tactics to go to war, it was used to instill fear in the in the public and i think thats horrible.
    so we should have said "oh well, shit happens " and gone about our lives????????????????????
  5. ahimsa
    ahimsa
    A lot of people have shifted this to an Iraq argument. Which makes absolutely NO sense to me. Afghanistan was the original target, so why did we get sidetracked into Iraq to begin with? Iraq has nothing to do with the war on terror.

Also, I think it was the governments job to CALM us down after 9/11 - not to rile us up into a fear frenzy. Which is what they did. The point of terrorism is to INSTILL TERROR, which is exactly what the government instigated after 9/11. Americans are more fearful now than ever. So how did the terrorists NOT win?

Also it should be remembered that this is not the first terrorist attack that ever happened. Terrorists have been pulling things like this for 20 years and we have never had to go to war over it before. The reason they are mad and have been mad is because we have troops in the holy land. They don't want us there. They feel that we are trying to "westernize" them and force our religion and culture on them. I kind of have to say I think they are insane about the "holiness" of the holy land, but I don't blame them for being upset that we are pushing our beliefs in that region.

So you want to know what I think? I think we should have pulled those troops out of the holy land and removed our nose from their business after 9/11. Thats what they wanted, its what they have wanted for years, and its exactly what got them so upset with us to begin with. So yeah, the middle east wouldn't be like it is today, like it was on 9/11 if it weren't for our prying into their business.
    It's Halloween so.... you know, BOO!
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Devinn View Post
    so we should have said "oh well " and gone about our lives????????????????????
    No. We should of said, this is a horrible tradegy, but before we send people out there, lets look at the evidence. We originally started out by wanting to get Osma Bin laden...who was linked with the terrorist attacks in particular but has that happened? But then the mission became getting Sadam Hussian, then "weapons of mass destruction". For me honestly, i don't think the answer was go to war with a country, the people that caused that attack with a small group of extremests. not an entire race of people.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    No, but we do pick a lot of fights and then expect people to back down. That certainly doesn't make it alright... but I'm just sayin.

Also, we probably should have actually gone after BIN LADEN. The guy who took responsibilty for 9/11 and until that was taken care of, we should NOT have invaded Iraq.

What I mean is, we should have NEVER invaded Iraq at all. Because there was no reason, and we are only picking more fights and pissing more people off. Hmmmm. And when we are attacked on American soil again, are people REALLY going to ask "why"????
    Last edited by jennypage; 01-21-2008 at 02:33 PM. Reason: didn't finish my thought.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenageskye View Post
    No. We should of said, this is a horrible tradegy, but before we send people out there, lets look at the evidence. We originally started out by wanting to get Osma Bin laden...who was linked with the terrorist attacks in particular but has that happened? But then the mission became getting Sadam Hussian, then "weapons of mass destruction". For me honestly, i don't think the answer was go to war with a country, the people that caused that attack with a small group of extremests. not an entire race of people.
    I do believe I addressed leaving Iraq out of it. We declared war in Afghanistan before Iraq. I'm not talking about Iraq.
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vivalacrap View Post
    A lot of people have shifted this to an Iraq argument. Which makes absolutely NO sense to me. Afghanistan was the original target, so why did we get sidetracked into Iraq to begin with? Iraq has nothing to do with the war on terror.

Also, I think it was the governments job to CALM us down after 9/11 - not to rile us up into a fear frenzy. Which is what they did. The point of terrorism is to INSTILL TERROR, which is exactly what the government instigated after 9/11. Americans are more fearful now than ever. So how did the terrorists NOT win?

Also it should be remembered that this is not the first terrorist attack that ever happened. Terrorists have been pulling things like this for 20 years and we have never had to go to war over it before. The reason they are mad and have been mad is because we have troops in the holy land. They don't want us there. They feel that we are trying to "westernize" them and force our religion and culture on them. I kind of have to say I think they are insane about the "holiness" of the holy land, but I don't blame them for being upset that we are pushing our beliefs in that region.

So you want to know what I think? I think we should have pulled those troops out of the holy land and removed our nose from their business after 9/11. Thats what they wanted, its what they have wanted for years, and its exactly what got them so upset with us to begin with. So yeah, the middle east wouldn't be like it is today, like it was on 9/11 if it weren't for our prying into their business.

I really think I you
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I honestly dont think it was the govt that riled everyone up. It was the media and they did a damn good job of it to. Yes, I think we had every right going into Afgan. Govt never did a damn thing about the Cole.
Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast