Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Planned "Unplanned" Pregnancies

1. Loving Life!
    Loving Life!
    Blog Entries
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by heather
    Its a really bad choice. From what I've seen it really doesnt work. She'll end up with the kid no man and no money. Not smart. they need to be better educated
    I have always had the "old fashioned" belief that you should wait until you are married to have children. I am raising my daughter this way. Having a child to trap a man/boy into an inevitable rocky marraige at best, is immoral, immature, and just not a good idea. As Heather said - she will end up with a kid, no man and no money. My husbands first wife did that to him....it didn't work out....
    Last edited by Ellen; 04-01-2006 at 11:35 AM.

My little Loves!
  2. RockstarMom
    Nothing good ever comes of it. Most of the time the child is looked at with resentment (by both parents-from what I have seen). It is a constant arguement and way more drama than should ever be brought into a child's life.
  3. ash
    i love the red sox
    i love the red sox
    Blog Entries
    i dont think that you can totally put this on the girls though. i have had john beg me to have his child so that i could move to CA and marry him. and that is just as bad..

it is just so immature and foolish
    this is like a bad movie, and i'd give it a 5 on my netflix
  4. Loving Life!
    Loving Life!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ash87
    i dont think that you can totally put this on the girls though. i have had john beg me to have his child so that i could move to CA and marry him. and that is just as bad..

it is just so immature and foolish
    I would have to disagree with you. A woman can protect themselves from getting pregnant. A woman has control over her body. Use protection if you don't want to get pregnant.
    Besides, why would you have to 'have a child' in order to move to California and get married. Why not get married!

My little Loves!
  5. ash
    i love the red sox
    i love the red sox
    Blog Entries
    a woman does not have total control. for example, i was taken off my BC by my doctor and have not been on anything for 6 months. i am not able to take anything until they figure out what to do wiht me

i wouldnt marry him and he knew i would if i had a kid (to answer your last question)
  6. Loving Life!
    Loving Life!
    Blog Entries
    Then don't have sex.

My little Loves!
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by parkwoodmom
    Then don't have sex.

A woman is ultimately in control, except in instances of rape.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by ash87
    a woman does not have total control. for example, i was taken off my BC by my doctor and have not been on anything for 6 months. i am not able to take anything until they figure out what to do wiht me

i wouldnt marry him and he knew i would if i had a kid (to answer your last question)
    You and every other woman DOES have total control of their body. If you don't, then who does? And there are other methods of BC than just pills!

I think it's sad that girls and women get pregnant for all the wrong reasons...trapping the man, wanting to feel loved, etc...It' sad, and it's wrong because the child is the one who ends up suffering. I wish more people understand how wonderful it is to have a child, but how hard and time consuming it really is. It's NOT NOT NOT something to be taken lightly!

And people who get mad because they get pregnant when they didn't use ANY form of BC need slapped!
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    A friend of mine recently came to me completely distraught that she might be pregnant. She wont do anything without a condom, but she found out that her guy has been taking it off halfway through sex. She caught him the last time, they had just changed positions and she noticed he'd taken it off. She, of course, was completely livid as without her knowledge the control had been taken away from her.
  10. ash
    i love the red sox
    i love the red sox
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zelda780
    A friend of mine recently came to me completely distraught that she might be pregnant. She wont do anything without a condom, but she found out that her guy has been taking it off halfway through sex. She caught him the last time, they had just changed positions and she noticed he'd taken it off. She, of course, was completely livid as without her knowledge the control had been taken away from her.

my old roommate found out her cousin's boyfriend had been poking holes in their condoms

i am glad john would never go that far with me.

but situations like that prove that the woman does not always have control
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast