Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Religion

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Religion

Advertisements
    What are your thoughts on religion? Do you practice a faith? Do you see religions as cults? Do you feel that all religions should be treated equally? Does your faith have doctrines or beliefs that you don't necessarily believe in? Do you practice your religion?

Let's get a healthy discussion going! The above questions are just to help get the topic going. Please feel free to share any other thoughts, experiences, etc you might have!
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Im Catholic, I make every attempt to practice my faith. I feel that if I dont, Im being a hypocrite in expecting my children to practice our faith.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I'm Anglican, but I'm not as religious as I used to be. I dont believe that you have to go to church to pray and I think that the church serves more of a social and moral purpose these days. JMO
  4. Lifes hard... get a helmet.
    Lifes hard... get a helmet.
    I grew up in a baptist house hold, where my mom tried to expose us to Christianity even if we later chose not to follow it. but no longer am I an active follower. Its not because I won't agree with my religion, I just havn't put the effort I should have to following it. I would like to start becoming more active in my church, especially when I finally have a family, b/c i'd want my children exposed to the religion, and even if they like I, are not active in the chruch later in life that is by they're own decision, and not my forcing my beliefs on them. As for other religions I do feel they should be treated with equal respect. I am actually taking a world religions course, and even thou i was very uncomfortable when it first started, I've actually started to really enjoy learning about other religions and cultures, and gaining insight to things I never understood
    Please Remember to follow OPSEC!!!

Life is hard.... Wear a helmet
  5. Lifes hard... get a helmet.
    Lifes hard... get a helmet.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelda780
    . I dont believe that you have to go to church to pray and I think that the church serves more of a social and moral purpose these days. JMO
    Very true IMO.
    Please Remember to follow OPSEC!!!

Life is hard.... Wear a helmet
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I am Catholic as well. I also try hard to practice my faith. There are some things that I don't completely agree with but I try hard to understand them. I want my children to grow up with my faith but I also want them to question why we believe what we do. And if they eventually decide not to follow my path, I will support them as best as I can.

I do feel that a lot of religions are cults or can be.

I don't support all faiths but I would never treat anyone badly for their beliefs.

I do however love to study other faiths & spiritually paths so I can understand as much as I can.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zelda780
    I'm Anglican<snip>
    Do you mind me asking if you could tell me a little about your faith? I don't know anything about it!
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Anglican is a form of christianity - it's the Church of England. As the monarchs changed throughout history the national religion went backwards and forwards between Catholic and Protestant, until the Church of England was formed, which sits roughly between the two (it depends on the church - most lean slightly one way of the other). I'm not sure, but I think it was Henry VIII who established it, to enable him to divorce his wives!
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for explaining! I appreciate it!
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    anytime
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast