Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Religion

1. Jyll216
    Advertisements
    Well, im agnostic.. i grew up catholic and in catholic schools and.. christmas gifts were bibles. I guess i just.. was so forced into believing what my family does, that i couldn't believe what i was hearing..

When i turned 14.. i decided i wasn't going to believe in anything until i saw proof! I refuse to let myself be led by something that i have no idea exists.. and no idea that it is "correct".. And from that day.. i am waiting until i have some confimation of a "higher power" or "god" before i let myself follow or believe in it. That's just me.
  2. Jyll216
    P.S. i would be completely willing to believe if i had proof too.. it's not that im writing off religion forever.
    People just seem to take me as "evil" or "rebelious" when i tell them im agnostic. But no, its just how i feel.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I dont think you're evil or rebellious - everyone's entitled to their opinion and that happens to be yours!
  4. Jyll216
    Yay! im not hated now?! haha
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    not right now....
  6. Jyll216
    well shit! not right now?

you know.. why do we always argue in threads! haha thats it.. im starting a fight thread!
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    What was it about growing up Catholic that exactly pushed you away? What kind of proof are you looking for?
  8. Jyll216
    I think becasue the religion was so strict.. or at least thats what i felt. They seemed to push me into believing something.. that.. wasn't really there. It was hard for me to believe it after finding out the easter bunny and santa weren't real.. i thought.. "well, how do i know your not lieing to me again"
    I guess as of now i feel as though religion is a "comfort zone" or an "answer" to everything.. when theres no hope left.. turn to god.. when things go wrong.. turn to god. i believe we should confide in ourselves.. or real people.

proof would be.. a mircale.. seeing this power or god.. hearing it.. even.. "feeling" it.
  9. Loving My Navy Veteran
    Loving My Navy Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyll216
    i decided i wasn't going to believe in anything until i saw proof! I refuse to let myself be led by something that i have no idea exists.. and no idea that it is "correct".. And from that day.. i am waiting until i have some confimation of a "higher power" or "god" before i let myself follow or believe in it. That's just me.
    I agree with everything you said.
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    That makes sense, Jyll!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast